Ekos is an advanced Astrophotography tool for Linux. It is based on a modular extensible framework to perform common astrophotography tasks. This includes highly accurate GOTOs using astrometry solver, ability to measure and correct polar alignment errors , auto-focus & auto-guide capabilities, and capture of single or stack of images with filter wheel support. Ekos is shipped with KStars. The latest Ekos release is in KDE 4.13.
- Extremely accurate GOTOs using astrometry.net solver (both Online and Offline solvers supported).
- Measure & Correct Polar Alignment errors using astromety.net solver.
- Auto and manual focus modes using Half-Flux-Radius (HFR) method.
- Auto guiding with support for automatic dithering between exposures and support for Adaptive Optics devices in addition to traditional guiders.
- Powerful sequence queue for batch capture of images with optional prefixes, timestamps, and filter wheel selection.
- Export and import sequence queues sets as Ekos Sequence Queue (.esq) files.
- Automatic abort and resumption of exposure tasks if guiding errors exceed a user-configurable value.
- Complete integration with KStars Observation Planner and SkyMap
- Integrate with all INDI native devices.
For more information, please check the Ekos User Guide.
Ekos Demos & Tutorials