INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atik driver for armv8?

• Thank you received: 174
Good point, it will fail with two cameras of the same type connected. I have to add the same naming feature as I did for SX driver... But I do believe that you don't have or at least don't use 4 same atik cameras at once :)
7 years 11 months ago #8042

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by NickK on topic Atik driver for armv8?

I have the following cameras: 383L+, 414ex, Titan. I also have the 16ic but I suspect that FTDI haven't produced an ARM version of their serial library.. if they have then it's possible to get around the ill fated FTDI ChipID library that seems to have died a death as long as the user knows their camera identifier. :)

One of the 300mm is f4 but the other is f5.6 so I think I may just stick to the f4..
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
7 years 11 months ago #8044

• Thank you received: 174
OK, in this case cameras will have different names, the problem is to connect two devics with the same VID/PID.

Atik16ic is not supported by this driver and probably never will be. Just Titan, 3xx/4xx/One, LF, VS/Infinity and GP.
7 years 11 months ago #8045

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by NickK on topic Atik driver for armv8?

I think we can put this down as as work around using the existing armhf binaries.

edit .bashrc or /etc/profile for a global change and then add something like export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/my/armhf/directory/with/32bit/libcfitsio
I've also noted that when building the indi system from scratch that you'll need to add /usr/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH too.

I've posted a couple of images with a full arm v8 64bit build (indilib, 3rdparty drivers and kstars) and although the eqmod and focuser etc are all running 64bit the indi driver process for the ATIK support has been the arm v7 32bit (armhf) binary straight from the cloud makers site.
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
7 years 11 months ago #8252

Time to create page: 0.660 seconds