INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Lacerta MGEN support?

• Thank you received: 19

Thaught so and allready did so.
Unfortunately it does not appear in the list...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22469

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Lacerta MGEN support?

Yes, it does not appear in the list because there is no executable for this driver, because indi-full does not provide it. I think it was...forgotten. I opened a topic on subforum "Ekos" to try to have it built.

However "dmesg" should output something different now that the rules file changed, could you check what happens when you connect the device?

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22470

Here you are :-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22473

Could you check if you see the MGen driver in the Driver Manager of KStars (not in Ekos)?

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
6 years 2 months ago #22491

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Andreas on topic Re:Lacerta MGEN support?

It's in the Device Manager the only entry under "Aux"
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Andreas.
6 years 2 months ago #22492

Where do i find driver manager?
6 years 2 months ago #22498

The Driver Manager is under KStars, menu Tools/Devices/Device Manager.

See the Ekos subforum, topic "MGen driver" for a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing.

Until the issue is fixed, and Jasem's ppa recovers from the maintenance phase, I fear there is no easy way to retrieve the driver, except by compiling it from source yourself. Let's wait a bit before moving to such extremities :)

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22520

So now if your system is Ubuntu-based, 16.04, 17.10 or 18.04 (check system settings / details or directly "cat /etc/os-release"), you should be able to update and retrieve driver "indi-mgen".

For now I don't see the virtual package "indi-full" being updated (still at 1.4~201710281604 for me), so you will need to install "indi-mgen" specifically in your package manager.

Tell me how it goes from there!

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22592

I just updated indi-full to include indi-mgen but that would be built tomorrow in the PPA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22594

Hi!

Tried to install indi-mgen with sudo apt-get install indi-mgen, which happenend to to be ok. But i still can´t find it in Aux or guider.
Did i do something wrong? Should i wait for indi-full?
cheers, Niki
6 years 2 months ago #22601

The list of drivers is built when you start kstars. So if executable "indi_mgenautoguider" is available as a result of installation (you can check this with "which indi_mgenautoguider" in a terminal), closing and reopening kstars should mark the MGen device with a checked icon in the device manager, as opposed to the phone icon (I think the standard checkbox icon is a bit misleading there). The button "start service" should be available, and pressing it should open the INDI panel. If all this is OK, any drop-down in the profile editor of Ekos should display the MGen device as an option.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22604

Excellent, can you please submit necessary documentation for inclusion in indilib.org/devices/ccds.html? Features, Operations for each tab, Screenshots.. any known limitation or things the user have to watch for.
6 years 2 months ago #22613

Time to create page: 0.924 seconds