INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY PoleMaster

• Thank you received: 0

QHY PoleMaster was created by Hazen Babcock

Any suggestions for communicating with the camera in a QHY PoleMaster? I tried indi_qhy_ccd but that did not seem to work.

Thank you,
-Hazen
7 years 5 months ago #10511

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Jason Westervelt on topic QHY PoleMaster

The qhy_ccd driver is indeed the correct one. The polemaster is effectively the same as the QHY5L-IIM.

There is support now in the indi_qhy_ccd driver as a firmware blob has been added to the SDK. There are some issues with using the Polemaster as a capture device, which I suspect was intentional. Using it as a guider with short exposure times will work. Using longer exposures, 10s and up, introduces some issues with the camera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazen Babcock
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Jason Westervelt.
6 years 11 months ago #16201

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by John S. on topic QHY PoleMaster

I am seriously considering getting a QHY Polemaster, but I do not want to have to boot to windows to do the polar alignment process if I can avoid it. Are you able to polar align with the Polemaster under Ekos? If so, how are you doing it? Secondly, I think it's outstanding that it can also work as a guide camera. That makes it even more appealing. I do have a question regarding guiding with it though. I have several different OTA's. Some are wide field (120mm refractor) and some are pretty long focal length (8" RC). Do you think the Polemaster would be able to effectively guide both of these OTA's on the same mount? What is the aperture and focal length of the Polemaster? Have you used it for plate solving as well?
6 years 10 months ago #16872

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic QHY PoleMaster

I use polemaster for my C11 at f/10. It works fine.

This is done using windows though. Being able to do so using RPI3 would be amazing though :)
6 years 10 months ago #16874

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds