INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using the asi1600 (Gain=Gain|Unity=Gamma|Offset=Brightness)?

• Thank you received: 72
Hi.
In preperation for installing the asi1600mm-c I'm taking cooled flats and biases.
One thing I'm having issues to understand is that the image settings in the INDI driver is different than the official asi drivers.

The asi uses gain, unity gain and offset, but thee INDI driver has Gain, Gamma and Brightness.
I guessed on the translation above based on the range of values I can set in the driver, but not sure if its correct.
I hope they are 1 to 1 translations and that the indi driver does not calculate the actual settings from gamma and brightness? Is it just for consistency with other cameras?

Also when tis is answered, perhaps it's a good addition to the CCD Faq? Will save people from guessing.

Thanks in advance, Magnus
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
7 years 2 months ago #13679

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

INDI driver just displays whatever the ASI SDK outputs, so these names are from ASI, not INDI.
7 years 2 months ago #13716

Ok. I added a post on (the) ZWO formu, hopefully someone can clarify.

zwoug.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6756
7 years 2 months ago #13718

After some digging around, this is the result.

Hi. I asked the question about unity here stargazerslounge.com/topic/268797-asi160...ment&comment=3123271

Apparently it's the gain setting of 139, so a therm and not a setting.

Unity gain refers to a Gain setting of 139. It's the value that produces 1 ADU per electron. Doesn't mean very much in practice except that no extra dynamic range is obtained by going below a gain of 139, as I understand it.

This results in Unity = A Gain of 139 | Gain = Gain | Brightenss = Offset | Gamma (apperently a camera setting that is not present in ascom). From what I understand Gamma = 50 is the default (neutral) setting.

Could be nice with that last conclution in the CCD faq, as it took some digging to resolve :)
7 years 2 months ago #13744

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds