INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5 - alccd5 mono distorted images

• Thank you received: 27
hi!

well ... I try to translate without being nasty ...
"On linux there is no concept of system driver. "

= "I don't have the faintest idea of UNIX-type operating systems. All those little files in this so-called /dev folder are a mystery! Books like this one - Linux Device Drivers - should be filed under Science Fiction..." :blink:

"It is the communication protocol between camera and the host . We now is making a new low level protocol standard for our cameras to let the cameras working under other systems. We can put the QHY5V into this todo list to make this protocol . And then the indi developer can use this protocol to communication with camera."

= "I am unaware that there is actually an interface for the camera and yours was forgotten anyhow..."

sorry for not being more enthusiastic. The only solace I can offer is that operating my QHY 5 under windows is even more of a pain ...
yours
wolfi
7 years 1 month ago #14767

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Wolfi,

Late response, but what did you actualy mean with "my QHY 5 under windows is even more of a pain"?
My QHY5v does work perfect under Windows.

A new response via QHY forum DM between me and Qiu:
Really don't know who the opensource community is and who could help me further..
Also really no idea about the effort it would cost to add support for it.
At the end if support won't come.. what will be the best quality / lowcost guidecam that is supported by indi?

Regards,
Chris.
SW Quattro CF 8" F4 - Canon 60DAW -Canon FD200mm F2.8 - allccd5v mono - Datyson T7M - iEQ45 8407 & iEQ45 8406 - RPi 3b ekos+kstars - LattePanda W10
6 years 11 months ago #15874

hi!
my ALccd5 is ~ 5 years old, maybe things have improved since then. under windows, it can only be accessed when plugged into the usb port which was used during installation, it had to undergo a hardware fix and all kinds of unnecessary stuff like that.

the opensource comunitiy consists of people like jaseem and me who develop software and provide it as a community support. in other words - no more support from qhy :/

i have recetly bought a ZWO ASI 120 MM (i think, i don't have it at hand) - have not tested it under the skies yet, but it works fine with INDI ...
lg
wolfi
6 years 11 months ago #15882

Hey,

Using my qhy since 2 years and don't know better than it's always just plug and play when ascom drivers and qhy drivers are installed. But they probably improved some cause your experience with it doesn't sound that good :).

ZWO ASI 120 MM seems a good price/quality cam! Thanks for that.
Ofcourse I prefer not buying a new one but using my current, but not sure what you guys can do for me based on the documentation of the readout of the qhy5v?

Regards,
Chris.
SW Quattro CF 8" F4 - Canon 60DAW -Canon FD200mm F2.8 - allccd5v mono - Datyson T7M - iEQ45 8407 & iEQ45 8406 - RPi 3b ekos+kstars - LattePanda W10
6 years 11 months ago #15884

Hi Wolfii,

Can you guys can anything do for me based on the documentation of the readout of the qhy5v?

Regards,
Chris
6 years 10 months ago #16590

wherr are you located?
yours wolfi
6 years 10 months ago #16595

I'm located in the centre of the Netherlands.
Chris
6 years 10 months ago #16600

@wolfi, do you think you can do anything for me about this?
6 years 5 months ago #20152

well ... i am afraid not really. without the cam and some code that can be modified, it is extremely hard to come up with something usable :/
yours
wolfi
6 years 5 months ago #20177

• Thank you received: 2
I wonder if usbip.sourceforge.net/ could be of any use for you?

Probaly needs a bit of network knowledge and a VPN connection like www.zerotier.com/
6 years 5 months ago #20224

Thanks all.

I think I Will buy a new guide cam.
Thinking of a ASI120MMS. Is this one well supported by Indi
6 years 5 months ago #20297

well, I think that is the easiest solution. my asi 12 MM works fine ...

yours
wolfi
6 years 5 months ago #20298

Time to create page: 1.057 seconds