INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SBIG 8300M debuging

• Thank you received: 17
I have an SBIG 8300M USB with TEC cooled CCD. It works fine under the CCDOps program from the PC. I am now running an Rpi INDI web server; the web server shows the Indi_sbig_ccd camera driver as loaded. I run Kstars on a remote machine and connect over ethernet between the Rpi and the remote. I can connect to the Sbig camera and all the camera info looks correct. It correctly controls the camera temperature. But I cannot take a picture. It shows something in the preview screen, but no picture is saved that has any Sbig camera in the info. I also have an SX Lodestar and it is working just fine with the INDI server.

I have a powered hub that I am using for SX lodestar, but the SBIG has its own power supply so I am using one of the 4 usb ports on the Rpi itself for the Sbig camera. It comes up showing it on USB 1 in Ekos.

When I do an lsusb on the Rpi I get indication that the SBIG is connected. When I run the web manager followed by Ekos and connect the info for the main camera is correct; it says SBIG 8300M serial # etc. But the camera never initializes (makes several clicks) like it does when I run CCDSoft ware.

What do I need to do to debug this situation?

thanks,
Ron
7 years 1 month ago #14785

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by Ronald Scotti on topic SBIG 8300M debuging

OK, false alarm, it is working. It just does not write a file under preview or the INDI control panel. I ran a sequence with the SBIG camera and sure enough it wrote the file and the dark looked good.

So just chalk this one up to getting started. I do have all of my equipment working under an Rpi web manager and running Ekos remotely. I have a CGEM mount, the SBIG 8300 M, an SX Lodestar (for guide camera) and an SX Filter wheel (7 position). All are recognized and now appear to operate correctly as I am still learning how to use Ekos. So far so good, now I just need a clear night to take some real pictures and do some real plate solves to get my mount polar aligned. I don't have a fixed observatory, the best I can do is set all the equipment up in the garage and roll it out onto the driveway where I have the best view of the skies.

thanks,
Ron
7 years 1 month ago #14786

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds