INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5 INDI driver

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Milosz Wasilewski on topic QHY5 INDI driver

I think I found the guilty one. I run udeadm test and found this line.
MODE 0664 /lib/udev/rules.d/91-permissions.rules:36

Since the qhyccd.rules has the number 85 the 666 is overwritten by 91-permissions.rules. This doesn't happen for atik, which has number 99. I changed the qhyccd.rules file name to 95-qhyccd.rules and it solved the problem. I'm not sure why it had number 85 before, but you might consider number higher than 91 to fix the problem I experienced :) However 'proper' solution should be creating INDI group (or sth like this) and adding it to udev rules. Than user can be added to this group and permissions.rules will not overwrite the permission.

milosz
10 years 2 months ago #385

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174

Replied by Peter Polakovic on topic QHY5 INDI driver

Great! Thank you, I will rename the rules file to 99-... to avoid this problem. Peter
10 years 2 months ago #386

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Sébastien on topic QHY5 INDI driver

Hello Indi community,

I have some trouble with my QHY5 camera. Nothing happen, the red light never turns on. I'm using the latest version of kstars and other libray (indi-qhy and qhy-firmware) with the mutlaqja's ppa under linux mint 16.
The command lsusb return this :
Bus 002 Device 008: ID 16c0:0818 Van Ooijen Technische Informatica

The value 0818 is missing the rules file. I had this line in the file in the uninitialized devices part :
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0818", MODE="0666"

It doesn't fix my problem. When I try indiserver indi_qhy_ccd, the command only returns :
2014-03-22T02:56:04: startup: indiserver indi_qhy_ccd

I manage to load myself the firmware with the command fxload and the light finally turn on. The lsusb return :
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="296d", MODE="0666"

Can you help me please ?

Sébastien.
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon using PPA for latest KStars-bleeding and INDI
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with StellarMate
Atik 314E - ASI120M - CG5 with Celestron C9.25
10 years 6 days ago #824

Hi Sebastien, I've added PID 0818 for uninitialized camera to the driver and USB rules. You can build it from source or wait a couple of hours while it will be available on INDI PPA. Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sébastien
10 years 5 days ago #835

Eureka. The PID/VID appears also in the source of the driver. :blush:

My QHY5 camera is working fine after the build of the trunk source. I will also ckeck the future update of the PPA.
Thank you Peter and thank you to the whole indi's team. You make a really good job.

Sébastien.
Last edit: 10 years 5 days ago by Sébastien. Reason: Find the trunk source r1548
10 years 5 days ago #836

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Dan Holler on topic QHY5 INDI driver

Hello,

I believe this may be a camera with a fouled address. I am unfamiliar with any QHY5 which had PID 0818. That is not to say they did not build one, but, I would suggest asking Qiu on the QHYCCD.com forum if this is a valid QHY5 address. Various addresses were used for the QHY5 depending on the geographic distribution of the camera.

As for rule 85, it used to be in the 40's, but we're getting older. :-)

Best wishes,
Dan
10 years 4 days ago #850

This question was asked many times on qhyccd.com before, life is too short and hard enough to do it again. It is much easier to add PID to the driver :)
10 years 4 days ago #852

Hello Peter,

I hear you loud and clear on this. I have just asked for some help on the QHYCCD forum and I believe that Dr. Qiu will respond to my request that QHY review the udev rules and publish (or help me publish) a single udev rules with all the camera VID:PIDs which should exist.

The problem with the QHY5 camera is, the camera can be inadvertently reprogrammed with random addresses. There is a posting on the QHYCCD forum addressing a physical fix for this problem. However, it does involve opening the camera and cutting a trace on the camera board.

I am also trying to get the SDK officially updated. There are several issues with the code which presently being distributed.

Best wishes,
Dan
10 years 4 days ago #853

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ronnie on topic QHY5 INDI driver

How do I get this latest fix to my Raspberry PI?
10 years 3 days ago #854

I am not certain I know if the Raspberry PI fix question pertains to the fouled QHY5 address, but the answer to the QHY5 address fix is found here:

qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?PHPSESSID=6f...8f12f7f&topic=2702.0

There are 3 file attachments on that thread attached to a posting by Dr. Qiu. If carefully followed, a QHY5 camera should be on a standard VID:PID as assigned. After the pc board is properly jumpered, the problem should not repeat.

Best wishes,
Dan
10 years 3 days ago #856

Hello,

I'm agree with Peter that life is too short. It's less dangerous for my camera adding the vid/pid of the indi driver than reprogramming the eeprom and open my QHY5 to fix the PCB. I'm interisting in changing my vid/pid but I don't want to install a Windows OS in order to fix manufacturer's bug. If you have a fix running under Linux, I'm listening to you.

My QHY5 is a french camera sold by m42optic.fr.

Sébastien.
10 years 3 days ago #858

Hi Ronnie, what fix do you mean? To support PID 0818 by QHY5 driver you need to build it from source, but unless you have the same faulty camera as Sebastien it has no sense for you. Otherwise you can use the following procedure: 14-raspberry-pi.html

Peter
10 years 3 days ago #859

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds