INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Live video settings and issues

• Thank you received: 109
Using some live video today with an ASI290MC, watching the sun.

When changing the exposure time in the CCD and Filter Wheel tab, the changes are not picked up by the live video until you a preview. It would be nice if you could change the exposure live and have it adjust the live video, but stopping the live video and starting it again should at least pick up the exposure settings without having to do a preview.

Another thing I am noticing is the preview color balance looks fine, but when switching to the live view without changing any of the settings for the camera, the color balance is far to the blue side. I cannot lower the blue slider far enough to balance and get the sun back to yellow. I am using RGB24 as it is the only color setting that works with live video. 8 bit switches to Luma for live video, and 24 bit is not supported.

Finally, on short exposures such as .005 or .002 seconds, the focus tab video framing alters the picture greatly, making it near impossible to focus. I will try to get some screenshots and video. I am not sure if logs will be helpful here, but will see what I can get.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Jim. Reason: added images
6 years 7 months ago #19265
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds