INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Datyson T7M

• Thank you received: 87

Datyson T7M was created by nMAC

I have received my T7M, it works as an ASI120MM with INDI but I am having a problem.
It seems ST4 outputs are switched???? When I calibrate, first it starts RA Forward but it moves left (DEC Forward) when it reverses back it goes down (RA Reverse)!!!
Anyone using this camera has this problem????

Using EQMod mount instead moves to the right directions.

Also tried with PHD2 and INDI Driver and it has the same problem using manual guide via ST4, it gives this directions:

North (Up), South (Right),East (Down) and West (Left). So directions are switched.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 4 months ago #20527

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 37

Replied by Csaba Kertesz on topic Datyson T7M

I don't use the ST4 port on my T7C (color) version of this camera and I don't know if it is just your piece or these camera have wrong pin configuration in general. But it is fairly easy to fix the ST4 cable for the camera with a crimping tool. Just check which lines should be switched, cut one end and put a new RJ plug on the repositioned cables.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 4 months ago #20562

Replied by nMAC on topic Datyson T7M

Thanks for the reply, well I am trying to debug wich ones are switched on the cable and going to crimp a new one and leave the reference for
future users of this camera. Just wanted to know if anyone had this issue and see if it was my camera only problem.
6 years 4 months ago #20564

Replied by nMAC on topic Datyson T7M

Just for a reference for future users, I have contacted the seller and they gave me the ST4 Pinout of the T7M and its confirmed there are lines switched:

ASI120: white / black / red / green / yellow / blue
T7M: white / black / red / yellow / blue / green

So next step make the cable and test it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Sébastien
6 years 4 months ago #20630
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Chris on topic Datyson T7M

@nmac did they explain why they switched lines? In order to correct this, the lines should be switch on just one side (T7M side)?
SW Quattro CF 8" F4 - Canon 60DAW -Canon FD200mm F2.8 - allccd5v mono - Datyson T7M - iEQ45 8407 & iEQ45 8406 - RPi 3b ekos+kstars - LattePanda W10
6 years 4 months ago #20746

Replied by nMAC on topic Re:Datyson T7M

No they didn’t, they just told me to split one side of the cable and apply their pinout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 years 4 months ago #20748

Just another update, I have made a dozen cables, none works with the specified pinouts. Have tried a lot of possible combinations, ST4 port just does not work.
If anyone, gets one working, please share your pinout. I have reverted to pulse guiding, at least for now. I am starting to think my camera is broken or malfunctioning.
6 years 4 months ago #20996

Replied by Chris on topic Re:Datyson T7M

That is bad news... i really want to use this port. Possible to return it ?? Mine will be deliverable coming days.
SW Quattro CF 8" F4 - Canon 60DAW -Canon FD200mm F2.8 - allccd5v mono - Datyson T7M - iEQ45 8407 & iEQ45 8406 - RPi 3b ekos+kstars - LattePanda W10
6 years 4 months ago #21009

Yes it's bad news but it maybe possible that it's only my camera that it's faulty. I can't return it because the return period expired (14 days).
Also I would like other user reports so we can see if that's the same with other cameras. Sure hope it's not. Anyway the camera works fine
with pulse guiding so it's not a total loss. Even so, a lot better than my SSAG! So.... as soon as you receive it, just test the st4 port right away.
If the same happens, you will have time to return it.
6 years 4 months ago #21017

@nmac, how to simple test the st4 without really have the option to guide?
6 years 4 months ago #21225

Hi again.

well I am testing mine now with daylight, I have made a cable with two RJ11 6P6C plugs and using CAT5e networking cable. it's stiff, better for testing.
Then I splitted the cable in half and I am switching the cables on both sides so I can find which direction is which. I know that the GND is correct (PIN1)
so I have to find which cables activate RA+ RA- DEC+ and DEC- . For that I am using the INDI ASI120 Driver tab, on the guide directions, activating
the specific direction and switching the cables. I centered the guide camera on a street STOP sign so I can see the directions easy.

Using a 10000ms pulse you can see the mount move, even with backlash. So far I have managed to find 3 directions (SOUTH, EAST and WEST).
It seems I have a problem with NORTH. The mount does not move in that direction, whatever cables I use.

I hope this makes sense to you!

PS: With daylight you will catch a lot of light on the camera even with 0.1s and low gain. I use a 2" to 1.25" adapter with a collimation cap hole in front of the guider lens so I can reduce the light and it works fine.
6 years 4 months ago #21226

Thanks nmac! I can do a compare test this with my other working QHY5 cam under windows and PHD2 :).
6 years 4 months ago #21228

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds