INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Short exposures for ZWO cameras

• Thank you received: 34
I just compiled kstars and indlib from git and my ASI174Mini can take "0,000032" exposures aswell as "0,000064", 0,000100 without any errors, but when I enter " 0,00001" and press enter it returns to "0,000032".
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gina Davis
6 years 5 months ago #20807

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
I'm wondering if I've got a different ZWO CCD INDI driver.
6 years 5 months ago #20808

Been looking around the directory structure on my RPi and I have version "libindi_1.2.0_rpi" so maybe the upgrade didn't work properly. Maybe I should start again from scratch and build a new system on another micro SD card. The version I'm using definitely won't allow an exposure of less than 1ms.
pi@ASCmono:~ $ ls /
9-indi-library-for-raspberry-pi.html  boot  etc   lib                lost+found  mnt  proc  run   srv  tmp  var
bin                                   dev   home  libindi_1.2.0_rpi  media       opt  root  sbin  sys  usr
In libindi_1.2.0_rpi is :-
pi@ASCmono:~ $ ls /libindi_1.2.0_rpi
astroberry-svn                          indi-eqmod-dbg_0.3_armhf.deb         indi-sx-dbg_1.4_armhf.deb
atikccd-1.1-armhf.deb                   indi-ffmv_0.1_armhf.deb              libapogee3_3.0.3234_armhf.deb
dcraw_9.26_armhf.deb                    indi-ffmv-dbg_0.1_armhf.deb          libapogee3-dev_3.0.3234_armhf.deb
fliusb-dkms_1.3_armhf.deb               indi-fishcamp_1.0_armhf.deb          libapogee-dbg_3.0.3234_armhf.deb
fliusb-source_1.3_armhf.deb             indi-fishcamp-dbg_1.0_armhf.deb      libfishcamp_1.0_armhf.deb
indi-aagcloudwatcher_1.3_armhf.deb      indi-fli_1.0.0ubuntu3_armhf.deb      libfishcamp-dev_1.0_armhf.deb
indi-aagcloudwatcher-dbg_1.3_armhf.deb  indi-fli-dbg_1.0.0ubuntu3_armhf.deb  libfli1_1.8.ubuntu5_armhf.deb
indi-apogee_1.5_armhf.deb               indi-gphoto_1.4_armhf.deb            libfli-dev_1.8.ubuntu5_armhf.deb
indi-apogee-dbg_1.5_armhf.deb           indi-gphoto-dbg_1.4_armhf.deb        libindi1_1.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-asi_0.5_armhf.deb                  indi-gpsd_0.3_armhf.deb              libindi-data_1.2.0_all.deb
indi-asi-dbg_0.5_armhf.deb              indi-maxdomeii_1.1_armhf.deb         libindi-dev_1.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-astroberry                         indi-maxdomeii-dbg_1.1_armhf.deb     libqhy_0.1.8_armhf.deb
indi-bin_1.2.0_armhf.deb                indi-qhy_1.6_armhf.deb               libqsi7_7.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-dbg_1.2.0_armhf.deb                indi-qhy-dbg_1.6_armhf.deb           libqsi-dbg_7.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-dsi_0.1_armhf.deb                  indi-qsi_0.5.0_armhf.deb             libqsi-dev_7.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-dsi-dbg_0.1_armhf.deb              indi-qsi-dbg_0.5.0_armhf.deb         libsbigudrv2_2.1.1_armhf.deb
indi-duino_0.2_armhf.deb                indi-sbig_1.7_armhf.deb              shoestring-1.1-armhf.deb
indi-duino-dbg_0.2_armhf.deb            indi-sbig-dbg_1.7_armhf.deb          usbfocus-0.7-armhf.deb
indi-eqmod_0.3_armhf.deb                indi-sx_1.4_armhf.deb
6 years 5 months ago #20809

The camera driver is "indi_asi_ccd" in my current RPi system but I can't find such a file in the INDI library for Raspberry Pi v1.5.0. The OS is Raspbian Jessie.
6 years 5 months ago #20810

Please redownload again from here: indilib.org/download/raspberry-pi.html

I checked the download (v1.6.0) and it contains the driver.
6 years 5 months ago #20812

I'm now creating a new system on a new microSD card with a new RPi 3 B. I've installed Raspbian Stretch Lite and now running update/upgrade - a little way to go yet...

Or would Ubuntu Mate be better?
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Gina Davis.
6 years 5 months ago #20815

Installed latest Raspbian Lite (Stretch), ran update/upgrade, installed the required dependences and latest libindi 1.6.0 and update/upgrade etc. Then
indiserver -m 100 -vv indi_asi_ccd
Got error
6 years 5 months ago #20821

Kept getting errors with Raspbian so I'm trying Ubuntu Mate.
6 years 5 months ago #20822

I've installed Ubuntu Mate onto the microSD card and put it into the RPi but I can't seem to SSH into it. I've put the file SSH into the root as with Raspbian but that hasn't helped. Help please.

Later... Been doing lots of Googling and it would appear that Ubuntu Mate can't be used with headless RPi and SSH into it because the SSH server isn't loaded :( But I'm sure I've seen posts from people using UM headless. Maybe set it up with monitor etc. and use raspi-config. I think the computer and user names need setting up too, which was why I couldn't SSH from what I've read.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Gina Davis.
6 years 5 months ago #20823

I install regular Ubuntu Mate for RPI3 and it works fine. Regarding Raspian, I am now upgrading my RPI2 from Jessie to Stretch (finally) and will make the 1.6.0 package for Stretch starting from tomorrow.
6 years 5 months ago #20827

Ah yes, I had a feeling the problem with Raspbian was the core version. That's often a reason for library conflicts.

Which OS do you recommend, Raspbian or Ubuntu Mate? They each seem to have their pros and cons.
6 years 5 months ago #20829

Definitely Ubuntu Mate for RPI3. Why? Because you can just use the PPA and get updates. With Raspbian, you have to download the updates and install manually.
6 years 5 months ago #20830

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds