INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro

• Thank you received: 12
Hello, I bought an ASI 1600 MM Pro cooled camera for Christmas. I could only test it yesterday because of the weather. Everything worked fine, except the
cooling system.When I turn on the cooling system by indicating a temperature to be reached, the fan turns on but the temperature does not drop. The cooling power gradually reaches 100%. Maybe a hardware problem ?
Another problem which concerns more specifically INDI, I wanted to activate in the control panel the debugging of the zwo camera, this one is deactivated immediately after its activation. indi-asi-dbg is installed (version 0.7~2018020202032307~ubuntu16.04.1)
6 years 1 month ago #22989

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For the 2nd issue, if you're using Ekos, you need to activate debugging in Logs button in the setup screen.
6 years 1 month ago #22990

I checked verbose, file, INDI, Capturer, alignment, Guide, Mount. I start INDI, I can enable ASI debug, but when I connect the camera, debug is disabled immediately
6 years 1 month ago #22992

Okay, it's working now. Apparently, that's because I didn't save the configuration. I answered too quickly, sorry...
6 years 1 month ago #22993

Also need to check CCD in logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Magnien
6 years 1 month ago #22995

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro

I use a 1600MM Pro with the latest INDI drivers without any issue. If you are not seeing it cool, I would suspect a hardware problem such as the temperature probe in the camera. You said you see the power increase, so that seems that the cooler itself may be working, but without the temperature probe giving you a temperature, you won't know. ASI does a good job of standing behind their products, so a repair/replace should not be an issue. Just not fun being down for a bit.

Later you said "it is working now". Was this just for the logging?
6 years 1 month ago #22999

Sadly, just the logging... :(
The temperature sensor seems to be working: it indicated 2°C last night outside, 22°C this morning in the living room.
6 years 1 month ago #23007

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro

aye, sensors seems okay, but no cooling then. Still a bummer/replacement time.
6 years 1 month ago #23009

Time to create page: 1.088 seconds