INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Camera Streaming Not Displaying Frames.

• Thank you received: 226
Thank you for trying.
I just flashed a card back to an old version and brought it back up to date as before. Streaming is working.
There appears to be some fringe condition I encountered to cause this. I'll try to catch what it is if it happens again. Until then, there is nothing more to do.
6 years 1 month ago #24032

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well. This didn't take long. But it happened again. But this time I noticed it was right after configuring for guiding. It appears to happen to me when I configure it for external guiding with PHD2 or Linguider. Returning to internal guider setup corrects the issues with streaming.
6 years 1 month ago #24035

When using external guiding, all binary transfer from cameras is disabled in Ekos UNTIL you try to capture an image. So try to do that, try to capture one image, then try streaming on. Does it that work?

EDIT: I updated KStars code to check if BLOB was disabled when video streaming is triggered. But test the above to ensure this was the problem.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 1 month ago #24038

Yes! There is a connection. Here's what I checked.
1. Tested that it was still not streaming - confirmed
2. Captured DSLR image
3. Test stream with GPhoto - Success!
4. Test stream with ZWO ASI 120 - Failure
5. Capture 1s exposure with ZWO
6. Test stream with ZWO - Success. But the FPS held a firm 1 FPS
7. Captures 0.5s exposure with ZWO
8. Test stream with ZWO - Success. Now the FPS held a firm 2 FPS

So the curious thing here is with the ZWO, the exposure time of the last image captured is actually applied to the framerate of the next stream.
6 years 1 month ago #24042

By the way. Besides this bug. I have another fringe case I was wondering about. Does the stream system have a fixed cutoff time while waiting for incoming frames? For example if a frame takes more than 1 second to arrive, is it prompted to close the stream?
In my case I have the ability with MagicLantern to override the Canon 600D live view/video frame rate from 30FPS to as low as 0.2FPS. Greatly multiplying the light gathered per frame. But I can only stream to EKOS down to 1FPS. Any slower and EKOS gives up waiting for the frames.
Would it be possible to allow it to wait for up to 5 seconds for streamed frames?
6 years 1 month ago #24044

hmmm I don't think there is a cutoff time. Have to check. For the ZWO ASI FPS issue, it is fixed in GIT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Jim
6 years 1 month ago #24054

Thank you Jasem. I'm very happy we could get to the bottom of this.
Having the streaming working properly will be very popular at the public star parties coming up.
6 years 1 month ago #24070

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds