INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Native OS X KStars Support for SBIG cameras

• Thank you received: 809
After waiting for quite some time (months/years actually) on SBIG to add firmware loading to their OS X driver, today I decided to write some code for INDI so that INDI can support SBIG cameras on OS X in a very similar way to the way it supports QHY, QSI, Apogee, DSI, and others. Once we determine that it is ready, later this week, hopefully we will push the changes through and I will make a DMG for KStars on OS X.

Would anybody that has an SBIG camera be willing to test native support for SBIG cameras in KStars on OS X? We need to make sure that the firmware gets loaded properly on different types of SBIG cameras and that they function as expected. In particular we want to really test cameras like SBIG ST-7/8/9/10/2K, ST-L, ST-402/1603/3200/8300 cameras to make sure their firmware loads properly and they then work. We also should test with some of the newer cameras such as ones that need ethernet to communicate to make sure they work too.

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 10 months ago #26115

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
I added SBIG support for a decent number of SBIG cameras for OS X in the latest release (2.9.6) that was just release today. A requirement to use this with SBIG is that the SBIG Universal Driver is installed.

Latest KStars
edu.kde.org/kstars/#download

Latest SBIG Universal Driver.
www.dropbox.com/s/vm6sasxccb872a8/SBIGUDrvOSXInstall.pkg?dl=1

Let me know about any problems. Thanks,

Rob
5 years 10 months ago #26229

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds