INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY9 filter wheel not working anymore on Linux (Mac OK though!)

• Thank you received: 420
The day before yesterday I dedicated a whole night to color imaging with my QHY9 CCD and filter wheel. I took images of the Dumbbell Nebula and Stephan's Quintet using R, G, B and L filters. Or so I thought. When I processed the images of the Dumbbell Nebula, it looked oddly colorless, apart from the edges of the image due to dithering. Close inspection of the images revealed that they all looked exactly the same, apart from guiding issues due to wind and fainter stars because of clouds passing occasionally.

So I took the camera off the telescope, attached it to the Odroid machine that I use with it and started Kstars. This revealed that the filter wheel does NOT turn and always stays at the first filter. Ekos, however, thinks it does turn because the images were put in directories with the filter name. I also tried on my MacBook and there the filter wheel does turn, suggesting this is a Linux driver issue. Both tests were done with the latest and greatest KStars 2.9.8

I attach log files from my Linux tests but I am afraid they do not show any issue. Tonight I'll image via my MacBook but I would very much appreciate it if this issue could be resolved. I don't mind compiling drivers myself or replacing files on the file system if it helps testing.

Thanks, Wouter
5 years 6 months ago #29536
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Can anyone tell me how to revert to an older version of the QHY driver on Linux? Or to an older version of the SDK?

Jasem, would you mind contacting QHY and ask them if the QHY9 camera and old filter wheel are still supported by the SDK?
5 years 6 months ago #29598

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds