INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Newbie trying to test a camera

Ok, I tried to connected to ASI120MC in Ekos VM and it connected fine. However, there was a problem with capture. I checked on my machine and the same problem appeared. I updated to the latest ASI SDK and now it works OK. However, it should be detected without problems in the Ekos VM.

At any rate, you can wait tomorrow to get the update in the PPA and see if that helps. Under some circumstances, you also have to install the drivers on the host OS. So if you're using Windows, install ZWO Windows drivers.
7 years 11 months ago #8023
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 7
Weird, I could swear I posted a reply to your 'what is your host OS?" question.

The answer: Slackware Linux.
7 years 11 months ago #8026
well, perhaps it is a permission issue. Copy the /lib/udev/rules.d/99-asi.rules file (from the VM) to where ever Slackware stores the udev rules files and restart. That might make a difference.
7 years 11 months ago #8059
I've been away from this project for a bit ... had an astronomy final and assorted other things to get through.

Trying again under Debian. I'll post my results. Have to get Virtualbox all configured.

Glenn
7 years 9 months ago #8904
No happiness. Same as before.

I have a copy of Windows 7 lying around here, but I'd hate to have to resort to installing that.

Glenn
7 years 9 months ago #8905
OK, I've established that Ekos is not able to see the attached USB device.

Installing the ZWO drivers on the host machine seems the logical next step. Will try that tonight when I get home from work.

If that fails, I can try installed kstars-bleeding (I've seen instructions how to install this on Ubuntu but not Debian, but since the former is based on the latter, it shouldn't be too hard) and see if I can make it all work without a VM. Or I guess I could replace Debian with Ubuntu ... it's important to me to get this working. :)
7 years 9 months ago #8910
If it is important, then get Kubuntu 16.04 installed.
7 years 9 months ago #8911
So let it be written.

So let it be done. :)
7 years 9 months ago #8918
OK, I have

- installed Kubuntu 16.04
- installed indi-full and kstars-bleeding
- attached the camera

... much more happens now, but I don't get the same set of icons (including the one to 'capture' ) as I do when I load the simulators profile.

I guess the thing to do is load the latest ASI SDK?

UPDATE: I've downloaded the SDK, but (as I should have remembered) it contains no instructions re: what to do with it or where to install the files so they will be correctly accessed. I'm writing to the ZWO people.

-Glenn
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Glenn Becker.
7 years 9 months ago #8937
No need to load anything, once you install kstars-bleeding, it automatically installs all latest drivers. But currently there is an issue with ASI driver.
7 years 9 months ago #8943
OK. If there is any way I can help out (testing, etc) I'd be more than happy to do so.

- Glenn
7 years 9 months ago #8954
IT. WORKS.

You did it! Thank you thank you thank you.
7 years 9 months ago #8973
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds