INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems/questions testing EKOS with Sony a7s

• Thank you received: 10
The ISO issue is a bug in gphoto. It happens when the ISO value is to be set to the current value in the camera. Same problem exists with shutter speed.
A colleague of mine and I came across these (and other) bugs when further testing the two Sony cameras (A7S and A7II) we have access to.
Presently I am working on a bash script to preconfigure all necessary config settings for deep sky photography such as exposure program, aspect ratio, focus mode, capture mode, image size, image quality etc. (This is to save me time at the telescope trying to figure out why the heck the camera does not work as expected! ;-) )

Code corrections for ISO, shutter speed and aspect ratio settings (the latter reported wrong from gphoto) already have been sent to the gphoto maintainers. They will be implemented in gphoto version 2.5.12 (or may be in 2.5.13).

Only problem for plain KStars/INDI users will be to get a most recent version compiled. IIRC the momentary version of gphoto2 with (K)Ubuntu is 2.5.9.

@amuro1977
We are also addressing the problem of changing shutter speed back from bulb to values equal/shorter than 30 secs. This will help You (us) with taking bias frames.
And we are expecting life view option with the Sonys soon: github.com/gphoto/libgphoto2/issues/123
Wow, this is going fast! Just read in the above thread "todays git now has sony live view support thanks to @elijahparker". If I understand correctly this is supposed to work for all A7x (Mark 1 and Mark 2).

Who can supply us with a gphoto version from the lastest git ?
CS
Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, giuseppe
7 years 2 months ago #13750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds