INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What would you like to see in Ekos in 2017?

• Thank you received: 54
A twisted idea :
Mostly for small devices such as Raspberry, having an autonomous version of Ekos, ie not depending on KStars.
Gilles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo, Stephen
7 years 2 months ago #13494
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 6
I would love to see added an interface where I can assign sound file to specific events (parking/unparking, slewing, arrived on target) I used to use voice file in ASCOM/EQMOD to do this and it's nice to have audible cue other than a simple "ping" sound

Here is an exemple from Chris Shillito's EQASCOM channel:
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
7 years 2 months ago #13502
  • Thank you received: 6
Another thing that would be handy is an interface where I can manage a relay board from inside Ekos.

I could load the device and connect to it as like any other device and then have buttons with labels to turn on/off GPIO pins on an RPI.

Right now I am using github.com/ondrej1024/crelay but it needs its own web server on the PI and I have to open a browser. If this could be more tightly integrated in Ekos that would be nice :)

Anyways, thank you so much for all the hard work and the superb result that is Kstars/EKOS, I am a big fan and I promote it whenever I can on other forums and in my astroclub.
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
7 years 2 months ago #13504
  • Thank you received: 226
I'm really new to INDI EKos, but I've had some ideas, some of which I've already shared such as: Satellite Tracking, and adding a customizable frame size to DSLR Preview Window would be helpful, as it currently call upon the full image size to open the stream window.

I think I would like the see UDP messaging. If INDI/EKos can push the verbose status of the system over low bandwidth networks that would be nice. Such as guiding problems, crashes, failed captures, job progress.
Support for multiple simultaneous imaging cameras. Can it already do that? My friend was interested in making the switch from Maxim DL if that is possible. He want's to image widefield with a piggybacked camera and a camera in prime focus simultaneously.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Andrew. Reason: added idea
7 years 2 months ago #13505
  • Thank you received: 12
May be Something like "Bahtinov grabber" that measures the focus accuracy from a bahtinov mask?

By the way, the current preview window in the focus function do not have zoom in/out buttons, this is a bit inconvenient. Although scrolling the mouse middle button would zoom but mostly I take notebook computer for imaging session and I'd use touchpad, which is not convenient when I want to zoom in/out
7 years 2 months ago #13509
  • Thank you received: 226
I second this idea. I primarily use Bahtinov mask because I, as many, don't have an autofocusing system.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Andrew. Reason: spelling
7 years 2 months ago #13512
  • Thank you received: 76
Some things I'd like to speed up multiple target imaging.
Ekos Scheduler
  • Perform alignment only if X degrees from last astrometric aligment (or meridian flipped). I know someone that does this with ACP
  • Somehow store the calibration data for linguider so that it need not re-calibrate every time. Maybe again, if X deg from last calibration or meridian flipped.

Other Scheduler features
Ekos Scheduler
  • When starting a new job, If no guide star found, then move 2/3arcmin N/S/E/W and try again.
  • An 'observe again' button on completed scheduler items. Nice to have for supernova patrols maybe when viewing images as they arrive. I dont do this but I know someone that does this with ACP.
7 years 2 months ago #13517
  • Thank you received: 72
I have been thinking of something, that should be useful.

In EKOS imaging module you can add sequences to the sequence query.
Lets say you are imaging Orion neb and want 10min, 1min and 30sec exposiures to manage the core, or you are imaging L, R, G and B.
It is possible to add a sequence for 10 L, then 10 R and so on, but if weather cuts the night short you might only end up with data on LR.
Or if mixing exposiure times I might get all 10 10min exposiures, but non of the 1min and 30 sec.

What I want is a loop counter :)
So simply add all the different types, like 1 10min, 2 1min and 4 30sec, then set a loop of 10 sets.

Perhaps this can be done by using the sheduler, turning all startup and shutdown prosedures off, turn off tracking, align, guide, etc. Adding only one sequence and then looping? At the moment loop untill executed and loop until time is there, but no loop 10x times. Not even sure if the sheduler can be used in this way, looping only one sequence?

I want to use my obsy remotely a while longer before I trust it to operate robotic by the ekos sheduler :)

Edit:
Sorry.. Should have done some testing before posing!
These settings in EKOS worked pretty much like I wanted, although a loop x times could be a nice addition :)

Hi. I have two 3rdparty 'drivers' on github, that can control relays from INDI control panel.
The WiringPI GPIO might do what you want? github.com/magnue/indi_wiringpi_gpio
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yannic Delisle
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Magnus.
7 years 2 months ago #13518
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 20
It would be nice to have both a stable version and a testing version. That way if a new package gives problems a simple switch of a card in a pi would allow imaging to continue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold, Stephen
7 years 2 months ago #13520

Ok, can you write in details what needs to be done? I think I've asked about this before but my memory is weak and I don't recall the exact details. The offsets are absolute or relative to whatever filter was there before? Is this something I can add to the INDI Filter wheel driver? Can you give an example?
7 years 2 months ago #13525

Can you list all the events you'd like to associate sounds with?
7 years 2 months ago #13526
  • Thank you received: 14

Yes same for me!!
7 years 2 months ago #13528
Time to create page: 0.683 seconds