INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What would you like to see in Ekos in 2017?

• Thank you received: 20
It would be nice to have both a stable version and a testing version. That way if a new package gives problems a simple switch of a card in a pi would allow imaging to continue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold, Stephen
7 years 2 months ago #13520
The topic has been locked.

Ok, can you write in details what needs to be done? I think I've asked about this before but my memory is weak and I don't recall the exact details. The offsets are absolute or relative to whatever filter was there before? Is this something I can add to the INDI Filter wheel driver? Can you give an example?
7 years 2 months ago #13525

Can you list all the events you'd like to associate sounds with?
7 years 2 months ago #13526
  • Thank you received: 14

Yes same for me!!
7 years 2 months ago #13528
  • Thank you received: 6
I too would like to have more control over the manual focus. I use the HitecAstro DC focus driver and I can only focus in/out in really small steps increments, I would like to be able to use presets and change the step size on manual focus as well as being able to use a bahtinov mask.
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
7 years 2 months ago #13538
The rational for voice notification in my case is that I sometime use a gamepad to operate the mount and beeing away from my laptop it is nice to have a confirmation that the correct command has been issued or that something has started or stopped. Also, I am, like everyone else, sometime quite busy reading charts or doing some visual activities that having sound as well is a plus.

Personally I would like to be able to get voice notification in these situation:

-> start of slew to target
-> arrived on target
-> change of tracking mode (sideral, lunar,etc)
-> parking/unparking
-> change of speed rate
-> RA/DEC inversion
-> device disconnection (lost communication)
-> change in filter wheel
-> autofocus starting
-> start/end of capture sequence
-> dome operation (roof opening/closing)

I can think of a lot more but I hope this will give you an idea of what I mean.
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
7 years 2 months ago #13540
Hi. I have two 3rdparty 'drivers' on github, that can control relays from INDI control panel.
The WiringPI GPIO might do what you want? github.com/magnue/indi_wiringpi_gpio

Yes yes this is exactly what I mean :) it looks very good !

Is there a way to use label for each Pin so I can have "MOUNT" instead of "PIN 1" for exemple ?
7 years 2 months ago #13541
  • Thank you received: 72

Not at the moment, but could perhaps be a future update. I must add that I'm not using it myself currently (i will when I get some sensors installed :) ) So cannot guarantee that it will be fixed instantly if somethings break. It has been working without issues when I have been testing it... Will check if it has a issue tracker on Github.

On to the alerts. Could this be implemented as a super class, like NotifyAgent or something. Then subclasses like NotifyBipsRemote, NotifySpeachLocal and also NotifyGmail!, among others could be implemented?

Also If this list could be configurable with checkboxes. In case someone only want to be alerted when slewing and parking telescope / dome + all errors, as an example?

-> start of slew to target
-> arrived on target
-> change of tracking mode (sideral, lunar,etc)
-> parking/unparking
-> change of speed rate
-> RA/DEC inversion
-> device disconnection (lost communication)
-> change in filter wheel
-> autofocus starting
-> start/end of capture sequence
-> dome operation (roof opening/closing)

-> errors
-> Guide start/end
-> Solve success/fail
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yannic Delisle
7 years 2 months ago #13543
Here is a screenshot from Eqmod. I would expect something similar where you can assign any sound to any events and check/unchek those you need or don't need...

7 years 2 months ago #13545
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 375

I second this feature. Now it is achieved only by autofocus after every change of filter wheel position (in KStars Settings)

@Vox45 Relay support is provided by Astroberry Piface

And the last but not least. I would love to see a "follow the scope" feature in KStars, which would keep the map centred on the scope marker all the time. As for now you can only trigger it manually from right click menu.
7 years 2 months ago #13556
  • Thank you received: 76

I second second this feature :-)
I actually suggested it a while ago www.indilib.org/forum/wish-list/1328-fil...et-feature.html#9814

I think the offsets should be relative to the last filter used. Here is a description of how this feature works in ACP....Maybe a way to have this would be a new tab in the driver which would have an enable/disable button and a set of number settings, one per filter slot where the user could enter the offsets. The user would have to set one of them to zero though. I'm not sure if this kind of validation is possible in the driver UI. Just a suggestion
7 years 2 months ago #13559
  • Thank you received: 301
I think I second every ideas posted here :)

One of my wishes is the support of the Lacerta MGen. Well, I so want to make this a reality that I'll fiddle with indi drivers just for the fun of it.

Another wish is that given I'm not a happy owner of a fixed observatory, I have to bring and configure all the stuff out in the garden anytime the sky clears for a few days. But my garden doesn't have a wide horizon. And I don't install the equipment at the same place everytime. And because I like to use the scheduler, I have a need for an automated obstacle finder to avoid wasting jobs on the neighbor's roof :) I drew a very rough list of polygons under KStars manually, but the procedure is simply too cumbersome for my patience. That automation would be interesting when moving to different sites, or just to record the complete and precise blackout zone. It could also be done during the twilight phase.

-Eric
7 years 2 months ago #13560
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds