INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Bug: KStars Lite mount motion with EQMod

• Thank you received: 226
When I connect to EQMod Mount via Android KStars Lite app I encounter a bug related to mount motion controls.
It appears that if I connect to the INDI server with KStars Lite while the EQMod device is already connected via the INDI Control Panel, that feature will not function.
In that case I find the directional pad is shaded out. Furthermore If I disconnect the device and reconnect with KStars Lite, the directional pad is no longer shaded out, but still does not send commands. It will only manually slew if I stop and start INDI over again in Ekos and connect to the INDI server within KStars Lite before connecting to EQMod Mount from either the Control Panel or KStars Lite.

This odd behavior does not appear to affect other functions in KStars Lite. Such as track and slew to an object chosen from the sky chart. Doesn't seem to affect Telescope Simulator either.
7 years 3 months ago #13757

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone else notice this bug? Currently my workaround since I'm working strictly over VNC on a smartphone is to connect indi, exit vnc client, open kstars lite, connect to devices, then return to vnc client to have motion buttons avaliable.
7 years 2 months ago #13947

Nope it works fine on EQMod. I connect to it first on regular KStars, then KStars Lite and all motion control stuff worked OK. I also connected to it before connecting via desktop KStars and it worked OK. Now, you might be increasing the slew speed, but the last speed settings in there is "Custom". I think instead of "slew speed", it should just have the name (i.e. 700x) so it is more clear
7 years 2 months ago #13956

I guess it's just me. Thanks for checking. Incidentally it would be nice if kstars lite displayed the current slew speed with the slew controls. And regarding interface, swiping through the indi panels tends to trigger the motion controller as I swipe by, and all the panel labels are compressed to the point that they are completely illegible on a cellphone. Perhaps add an unlock toggle to the motion page and wrap tabs into multiple levels to be more legible.
Thank you.
7 years 2 months ago #13973

I reported this to Artem Fedoskin who is behind the KStars Lite port and hopefully he can work on this when he has time.
7 years 2 months ago #13991

It appears to be working now.
7 years 2 months ago #14136

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds