INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Items from last night's INDI/Ekos/Kstars session

• Thank you received: 109
I have had this happen on occasion, and have been able to work around it by changing the pulse parameters. I have a setting now that seems to calibrate every time. Try increasing the max pulse if you get the error again.
6 years 6 months ago #18920
The topic has been locked.
6 years 6 months ago #18922
  • Thank you received: 29
Not sure if, and how to retrieve the Ekos log. I tried the link that leads to the tutorial, but cannot start the video (looks like some sort of format issue).

Maybe I have to wait for the next clear sky-evening (wheather forcast is not promising). Was actually wondering if an astro planetarium toy would be useful for testing indoor?
6 years 6 months ago #18956
I re-uploaded a different format, it should work on Mac now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen, Helge
6 years 6 months ago #18971
Dear Jasem,

Just to follow up on the problem with the internal guider aborting after 30 attempts: I had a chance to try again, but shame on me, I failed creating a log file, just the screenshot from the client with the log entries. There (see attached screenshot), an error was reported, i.e. failed transform telescope to celestial. I do not really know what it means, but possibly the cause?

Thanks in advance for kind support!

Helge
6 years 6 months ago #19078
Attachments:
Dear Jasem,

Wheather forcast is not very promising, so I was wondering if the debugging data captured in the screenshot already helps finding detecting root-cause?

Best, Helge
6 years 6 months ago #19202
Screenshot not enough, log is needed. I wouldn't subframe as well it tends to have more issues.. but again log will determine.
6 years 6 months ago #19216
Yesterday all fine, tonight the internal guider did not work out, during RA drifting reverse phase, stopping after thirty iterations.

Then I tried to create a log file, now I cannot find it. I am using my laptop as a client, and the servers are hosted on the RPi.

It seems the log would be saved on the RPi. Is there a way to save it on the laptop? If I hit the „show indi logs“ button, nothing happens.

In the profile tracking window it says it is stored in the path home/astroberry/.indi/logs... but does not exist (?) - has the „.“ ahead of „indi“any meaning?

Although I know that finding the error requires the log files, would be great if someone could have a look at my screenshot to see if there is an obvious error.
6 years 6 months ago #19759
Attachments:
Update your RPI3 to latest libindi. Change EQMod guide rate to 0.5 instead of 0.3 (I made 0.5 the default now). Increase pulse width to 1500ms or 2000ms. Make sure you have good polar alignment. Download latest KStars 2.8.4 (Just released few minutes ago).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Seckler, Teseo, Helge
6 years 6 months ago #19760
Will do ahead of the next session!

Would you have any idea on the log file? Can I influence that path from the windows laptop-client? Hitting the log button does not trigger anything - or is this addressed with the latest KStars update you mentioned?

Thanks once again!
6 years 6 months ago #19762
Currently, only way is to login to your RPI3 and move the log file to your main machine. Maybe use something like FileZilla.
6 years 6 months ago #19769
  • Thank you received: 24
Perhaps these two scripts can help gather the logs up on RPI3/Ubuntu. They are not pretty; I am not good at bash, or command line.

pkg_logs.sh - will put all the logs into a zip file
sudo zip -r ./`date +"%Y%m%d"`_kstar_ekos_logs.zip ~/.local/share/kstars/logs /root/.indi/logs ~/.indi/logs ~/PHD2

renew_logs.sh - will remove the logs, which you may wish to do to isolate reproducing something,
sudo rm -rf /root/.indi/logs
sudo rm -rf ~/.local/share/kstars/logs
sudo rm -rf ~/.indi/logs
sudo rm -rf ~/tmp/logs
sudo rm -rf ~/PHD2

I have been looking to run these are startup and shutdown scripts, and just have not got there yet.
6 years 6 months ago #19779
Time to create page: 1.066 seconds