INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

RPI3 file dialog issues, and slow images from tonight...

• Thank you received: 24
Got a few hours last night to test things.

1. This is the second night where the file dialog would not "work". The first night I thought it was something i did, like stretching the preview files to many times on the RPI3 so ram was too low. Free rm was plenty. This issue is it does not show a file listing, please see the attached images.

The RPI3 was rebooted - "sudo reboot now" - and it did not resolve the issue.

Other applications opened file dialogs fine, such as MATE Disk Usage Analyzer's open folder for scanning dialog.

2. Using Mac Ekos connecting to RPI3 via web indiserver sets the site long/lat to 0's. (I already reported this in the Mac Thread)

3. There was a change in guide image performance for the ASI224, as well as the download form the ASI1600 for images.

4. Lastly, KStars did crash a few time. So I switch over to the Mac Ekos which worked.

There do not seem to be any errors reported in the logs, I have attached what I could find.
6 years 10 months ago #16791
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update:

1. May be from a failing SDCard. A new image and new card is behaving nicely as Ekos typically does.
4. I will assume is the same as 1.
3. May also be due to above - I will know next imaging session.

Number 2 though... What in Ekos/INDI would cause 0's to go to CGEM?
6 years 10 months ago #16815

For #2, what's the configuration? Device updates computer or vice versra?
6 years 10 months ago #16834

The config in the RPI3 Kstars/INDI settings was for the device to update the computer. Neither time or location was checked though.

In the Mac version, there is no Kstars setting option, so I cannot tell.

I hope to image tonight and now that I know how to correct the time and location better with the Mount INDI driver (lol... it was nice to confirm changing the location back meant lots of time saved!) I can look to debug it a bit on RPI3. RPI3 is likely fine, and I suspect it is whatever the Mac version is doing, since it happened when the RPI3 Ekos os disconnected, and I switched to the Mac version. As soon as the Mac version launches on connection, the mount driver is checked to confirm proper location.

Tonight, I do hope to use RPI3 to update Mount time and locations, and also test if Skysafari also updates time and location.
6 years 10 months ago #16836

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds