INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Solver index files won't install

• Thank you received: 66
I'm installing the index files for the offline solver and out of the 8 files that are recommended, 2 won't install. They are the largest ones - not sure if that should matter. They are
index-4208 and index-4108

What could be the problem here?

Thanks
6 years 9 months ago #17541

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How are you installing them? from within Ekos or via Debian files? any errors?
6 years 9 months ago #17545

I downloaded the index files into the Astrometry library folder, selected the files in the solver options dialog. Then the selection is processed and a check mark shows up. But 2 of the index files, index-4208. and index-4108 did not show a check mark.
6 years 9 months ago #17554

• Thank you received: 812
I think I know what might have happened. Those are two of the largest single file downloads. Below the 4208 set, the files are broken up into multiple files due to their large size. Can you download 4107? I suspect the download is timing out because it took too long. I programmed a timer in the downloader so that it doesn't keep on trying to download massive files when there might be a dropped connection or some other issue that won't let it finish. With the timeout feature, you can try the download again if it doesn't work. But I guess if your internet connection is too slow, you might not be able to get the big files in the allotted time. We might need to increase the time.
6 years 9 months ago #17557

Thanks @rlancaste. I guess you're right. I downloaded and then installed the files one at a time and was successful. I guess I'll get a download manager for this sort of thing.
6 years 9 months ago #17560

@rlancaste, I still can't install 4107. Looks like its too big.
6 years 9 months ago #17561

this is a test
6 years 9 months ago #17562

Time to create page: 0.716 seconds