INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 2.7.9 is released!

A bugfix release for KStars is now available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux . There is also an updated KStars Lite release. Please try to download the new KStars Lite since I had to upload it as a NEW app due to inability to upload an update to the previous app as my private key was lost when my hard drive died last month.
6 years 8 months ago #17697

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic KStars 2.7.9 is released!

crashes immediately on the MacOS sierra 10.12.5, Indi CCD sim driver, Indi EQMOD driver both crashed. Failed to connect to local port. a brief message looked like it was asking to allow incoming traffic so I turned off the firewall and it still failed as above. Is it possible to go back to 2.7.8?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Greg.
6 years 8 months ago #17704

• Thank you received: 809
Hmm, Looks like something in indi was changed. I will look into it. "dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN4INDI13DefaultDevice9ISNewBLOBEPKcS2_PiS3_PPcS5_S5_i". Meanwhile, yes, just reinstall the last version right over top of the new one. Thats no problem. I am keeping a copy of all of the OS X dmg builds that I do so I can go back to an old one just in case. Here is the last one that I built before the current one. Hopefully we can see what is wrong and I will build a new dmg.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ivMJINsdQ8cGt...RlE/view?usp=sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
6 years 8 months ago #17706

• Thank you received: 809
gbeaton, I did a fresh build of the kstars DMG with the latest version after you reported an issue. This may have fixed the problem. Please test this one and see if it works any better than before.

Thanks,

Rob

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ivMJINsdQ8RVV...djA/view?usp=sharing
6 years 8 months ago #17707

Yup, seems to be working now. Thank you!
6 years 8 months ago #17710

Question! Has the polar align solver been updated from 2.7.8? It was always timing out
6 years 8 months ago #17713

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic KStars 2.7.9 is released!

After updating Kstars with the sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade Ubuntu-mate for RPI, the PHD2 option is no longer present in the Guider options.

Is this something that can be corrected?

UPDATE: Actually, it is not clear what is going on as phd2 is install and now cannot be started, after the update & upgrade... Yikes! Ideas please. I have tried --reinstall.

UPDATE 2: Okay, another reboot and PHD2 is starting, so please back to the original question, was PHD2 supporters removed in the Kstars update. I hope not.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Stephen.
6 years 8 months ago #17724

Guide selection has been moved to the device profile now. So you select it before you start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 8 months ago #17730

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Picard on topic KStars 2.7.9 is released!

Hi,

just thank you to all the team for this release.

Christian
6 years 8 months ago #17736

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic KStars 2.7.9 is released!

Wow Jasem, nicely done. I found it. I need to stop preparing things in the wee hours of the morning.

Thank you.
6 years 8 months ago #17739

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic KStars 2.7.9 is released!

I tried the x64 build under w10, and I'm now unable to use the Scheduler : I get the message "Ekos timed out" on every attempt.
I've not seen it crash while reading CCD frames compared to the recurring failures in the version of May, but meridian flip is still problematic (I wasn't expecting anything here). Because I couldn't use the scheduler to park the mount, this was a more serious issue as cam went hitting the tripod on a miscalculation.
-Eric
6 years 8 months ago #17943

Time to create page: 2.400 seconds