INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Auto focus failed after meridian flip

• Thank you received: 3
Hi Jasem,

Here are the logs of this night.

File Attachment:

File Name: logs_ekos.txt.tar.gz
File Size:487 KB
6 years 7 months ago #18642
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks that was quite helpful and I'm investigating it. Can you please attach the sequence file you used (.esq) ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davy HUBERT
6 years 7 months ago #18682

• Thank you received: 375
Isn't that related to this issue , which has been just fixed?
6 years 7 months ago #18690

Negative, it's a different issue.
6 years 7 months ago #18693

Hi,

Thank you :) .

Here is my sequence file :

File Attachment:

File Name: Projet_IC1...q.tar.gz
File Size:1 KB

Regards,

Davy
6 years 7 months ago #18699
Attachments:

Thanks, so it looks like that focus actually completed just fine after meridian flip with the threshold being below the ones specified at the file (~2.1). However, it is still perplexing why it failed later on, there are no error indications. I added more extensive debugging statements to focus module which should be in the next release and should hopefully catch any issues if they even occur.

Seems it is very hard to reproduce this.. if you find a way to reproduce this behavior with the simulators, please let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davy HUBERT
6 years 7 months ago #18706

Ok, I'tried to repoduce it with simulator but it failed to flip... anyway I give you the logs

File Attachment:

File Name: simulators...t.tar.gz
File Size:76 KB

However, I faced this issue each time I launched the scheduler with my real setup. You're right, the focus completed just fine, but in fact the capture module was stuck waiting the end of the focus procedure.
The thing that blow my mind is trying to figure out why this phenomenon happens only after the meridian flip... if I remember well, the sequence was :
1. meridian flip
2. astrometry
3. guiding
4. focusing
I noticed that after the focus completed the guiding process was correctly resumed (I checked the "suspend guiding" box in the focus module), but... not the capture.
6 years 7 months ago #18711
Attachments:

yes something is amiss but I'm not exactly sure how to locate it. With the extra logs in 2.8.2 I think we would be able to pin the issue. Thank you for your patience! 2.8.2 should be out in a couple of days.
6 years 7 months ago #18721

Hi,

It's ok for me, obviously, I can wait :-) .
Thank you for your job :)

Davy
6 years 7 months ago #18723

Hi,

Weather let me shot last night so I can send you the log file. I'm not sure if you'll got the informations you need...
The last lines concerning focus module are :
[2017-09-01T00:56:33.666 CEST DEBG ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - Requesting focusing if HFR > 2.147 
[2017-09-01T00:56:33.666 CEST DEBG ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.focus] - Check Focus requested with minimum required HFR 2.147
[2017-09-01T00:56:33.666 CEST INFO ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.focus] - "Capture d'une image..."
[2017-09-01T00:56:43.645 CEST INFO ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.focus] - "Image capturée."
[2017-09-01T00:56:43.820 CEST DEBG ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.focus] - Focus newFITS # 1 : Current HFR  1.84068
[2017-09-01T00:56:43.820 CEST INFO ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.focus] - "Capture d'une image..."
[2017-09-01T00:56:53.926 CEST INFO ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.focus] - "Image capturée."
[2017-09-01T00:56:54.100 CEST DEBG ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.focus] - Focus newFITS # 2 : Current HFR  1.75086

It took 2 images because I set an averaging of 2 images for the focus. As you can see the focus is under the threshold, so everything should be fine. But, the capture module doesn't receive the information and is still waiting for focus module to terminate.

Anyway, here is the log file :

File Attachment:

File Name: log_23-43-...t.tar.gz
File Size:283 KB

Let me know if you need more tests, I'll do it with pleasure :)

Thank you,

Davy
6 years 6 months ago #19001
Attachments:

Hi,

I don't know if the previous logs helped you, but I can run more tests as soon as the weather is good... maybe tonight...

I'll try to run the scheduled job with the autofocus after filter change disabled to see if it changes something.

Best regards,

Davy
6 years 6 months ago #19066

Hi,

Well... disabling the "autofocus after filter change" doesn't change anything, still facing the problem.
Next step is to disable "autofocus if hfr is > xx" and enable "autofocus every xx minutes"

I'll keep you in touch :)

Davy
6 years 6 months ago #19222

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds