INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler-mosaic; invalid second job due to time

• Thank you received: 32
I restarted my mosaic job of the last couple of days and everything is working great so-far, thanks again Jasem for the quick development! I now ran into a different issue in which the scheduler planned the 2 jobs of the mosaic, finished nr.1, but declared the second invalid as the scheduled time had past... that shouldn't be a reason to abort right? I manually reset the starting time to let it resume.

ps: all jobs were set to start ASAP
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Vincent Groenewold.
6 years 6 months ago #19829

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
I have the same problem. The scheduler and I interpret ASAP differently. I frequently have the problem that the second job in the sequence is declared 'Invalid' after the first one is finished, due to past start-up time. That should not be the case, setting the start-up time to ASAP should override this, shouldn't it? The only way to get to the second job is then to select it, click the (wrong) initial startup time, then change it back to ASAP immediately and then restart the queue. Don't forget to unpark the mount first, though, otherwise you have to do it all over again.

What am I doing wrong? Or does this require a change in the code?
6 years 1 month ago #23323

include the esl & seq files in a zip file and attach it. I tried to test it here quickly but it worked as expected.
6 years 1 month ago #23340

Hi Jasem,

The last log file I have on this is rather large, since I recorded a variety of data, including guiding info. It is too large to attach and upload, but I can either email it to you (if you can accept a 47Mb file) or I can send you a Dropbox link where you can download it from. Also for the esl file, which I am also attaching.

In looking over the .esl file, I noticed a possible reason for the scheduler aborting. The last aborted scheduler instance I had was when I was imaging M81 with priority 1, having scheduled ~a dozen other objects in the same queue. However, numerically M81 was the last object in my target list, so am wondering whether the scheduler is designed to work down the target list and when it comes to the end it will just abort and park the mount. In other words, the other targets that appear above the last target in the schedule will NOT be reevaluated after the last target in the list is completed, although they may still fall within the imaging parameters with respect to altitude. That would also explain the behavior of the scheduler in another instance (which I had not logged), where I had programmed all the Messier objects to be imaged for 1 minute each in one large schedule. That produced an output that told me that there were 35 invalid objects and 21 aborted (although the scheduler had not even started its run yet). What is the difference between 'aborted' and 'invalid' in this case?

If this interpretation of the logic behind the programming of the scheduler is correct, would it be possible to modify the scheduler so that when it comes to the last target in the list it automatically reevaluates all the prior targets and then refreshes and restarts the schedule until twilight forces shutdown or other limitations (like 'all targets completed' or 'no more targets calculated to be within set observation limits before twilight') logically end the schedule? That would maximize imaging time during a clear night without forcing the observer to stay awake and catch the premature shutdown and necessary restart of the scheduler.

Again, thanks for sharing this fantastic tool with all of us and for continuously improving on it.

Jo
6 years 1 week ago #24407
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 32
That would be nice indeed, I didn't have a chance to test this again, but it does seem the scheduler is not re-evaluating sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
6 years 5 days ago #24483

This was already found out by Eric but it's not resolved yet... Not sure if Eric has time to investigate this or not?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
6 years 5 days ago #24484

Please zip all the esl, esq, and log files and provide a link for dropbox and I'll check it out. I made some improvements the scheduler today but I would like to use your set to test it out further.
6 years 5 days ago #24492

Jasem,
Sent to you via direct messaging.
Let me know if all is clear.
Jo
6 years 5 days ago #24494

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds