INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

fits viewer oddities

• Thank you received: 109

fits viewer oddities was created by Jim

Just couple things with the FITS viewer that have been bothering me, but never enough to post about.

1) switching to log view and hitting apply changes the image. Most of the time, the image just goes completely white. My understanding is this should change the view of the histogram, not the actual image itself?

2) It would be nice of the histogram to save the settings. I almost always use the log view, so it would be handy to be able to default it to that. If I don't close the histogram window, the next image will display in log format, which works, but the histogram itself will get corrupt after doing this 2 or 3 times and need to be restarted anyway.

This is Fedora Linux with Build: 2017-11-14T11:41:39Z but it has been doing these things for a long time.
6 years 4 months ago #20926

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic fits viewer oddities

The histogram stuff are _very_ basic. I wish I had more time to work on it. It would be nice to see histogram on all images by default like in some small dockable window at the bottom left/right of the image... but alas very little time to do that at the moment.
6 years 4 months ago #20931

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic fits viewer oddities

No worries. It is a minor thing so wanted to put it here as a place holder for when there is time, or perhaps for somebody else to pick up.

Ekos is working very well for me when I can comment on small things!
6 years 4 months ago #20945

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic fits viewer oddities

Yes I agree this is a problem. The hystogram view to get the exposure right. Also, both linear and log view are quite different from the in-camera histogram. I think this is an important feature to get right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Jäger
6 years 4 months ago #20947

Time to create page: 0.943 seconds