INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ALARM!!!

• Thank you received: 66

ALARM!!! was created by Greg

Something that seems sorely lacking in Kstars/Ekos is alarms when something goes wrong. I know PHD2 is giving alarms when it loses the guide star or stops guiding but this is not relayed and output on my remote laptop using Ekos. Its essential to have warnings when a capture sequence is underway. My session last Friday died twice, once from guiding lost - connected to PHD2 via guide module - and the second time when the camera battery died. Doing subzero AP , the camera battery is a weak link and needs to be monitored. There was no warning that captures had failed and stopped - other than the entry in the log, which is not helpful in an ongoing capture session. An audible alarm is needed. Please tell me there is a setting for this!
6 years 1 month ago #23471

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 168

Replied by Jarno Paananen on topic ALARM!!!

Settings --> Configure Notifications and add Play a sound to Capture Failure and others
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
6 years 1 month ago #23477

Replied by Greg on topic ALARM!!!

Thanks @jpaana !

I would suggest to the developers that this kind of notification be turned on by default.
6 years 1 month ago #23478

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic ALARM!!!

Funny, in my system many of these notifications were indeed already turned on by default and to avoid them hopelessly spamming my logs I ended up turning them all off, wishing that they had been turned off from the get-go.
6 years 1 month ago #23491

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic ALARM!!!

I believe a number of them are turned on by default actually. Not sure why yours were not.
6 years 1 month ago #23497

Replied by Greg on topic ALARM!!!

Seems I missed the notifications. I'll have to turn the sound up loud. I think PHD2 gives an alarm until you acknowledge it. This would be nice.
6 years 1 month ago #23500

Time to create page: 0.743 seconds