INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 2.9.3 is released

We spent February to fix several KStars bugs. Hopefully 2.9.3 is a more stable experience for you. Download the latest from KStars official page
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC, Radek Kaczorek, gehelem, Paolo Casarini, Vincent Groenewold, Teseo, Jarno Paananen, Oliver, Jim, Dennis Means and 1 other people also said thanks.
6 years 1 month ago #23709

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic KStars 2.9.3 is released

I'm having issues installing this release. Here I try to install the packages held back. The missing dependencies were not fixed with dist-upgrade.
sudo apt-get install indi-bin kstars-bleeding kstars-bleeding-dbg libindi-dev libindi1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 indi-bin : Depends: libindi-data (>= 1.6.3~201802271624~ubuntu16.04.1) but 1.6.3~201802261707~ubuntu16.04.1 is to be installed
 kstars-bleeding : Depends: kstars-bleeding-data (>= 5:17.12+201802262255~ubuntu16.04.1) but 5:17.12+201801291234~ubuntu16.04.1 is to be installed
 libindi1 : Depends: libindi-data (>= 1.6.3~201802271624~ubuntu16.04.1) but 1.6.3~201802261707~ubuntu16.04.1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
6 years 1 month ago #23718

I just tried it on another 16.04 machine and the upgrade worked fine. Make sure to run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade again
6 years 1 month ago #23729

• Thank you received: 375
I think we need some clarification regarding to the latest changes to repositories...
All the instructions point out to add this repository to install kstars-bleeding
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa

However when I use it (I always did) I don't get a stable version e.g. 2.9.3, instead I get daily build e.g. 5:17.12+201802262255~ubuntu16.04.1
Also when you look at the repository site ( launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archive/ubuntu/ppa ) you can't see any kstars version of 2.9.3 among the packages.

So the question is how to configure the system to get only stable releases?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
6 years 1 month ago #23740

This is the stable build. I only trigger the request when I am ready to make a new release. Now, the versioning scheme is old when KStars was part of KDE Applications, but it's 5:XX and I can't change 5 now since we are on KDE Frameworks 5 technically still. Maybe I can change the version scheme when Qt6/KF6 are released sometime in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
6 years 1 month ago #23744

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Klaus on topic KStars 2.9.3 is released

When I try
sudo apt-get update as I usually do, I get the following info:

E: Repository 'ppa.launchpad.net/mutlaqja/ppa/ubuntu artful InRelease' changed its 'Label' value from 'INDI' to 'INDI Stable Builds'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure( 8 ) manpage for details.

Any ideas on this?

Klaus
6 years 1 month ago #23752

sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change
The following user(s) said Thank You: Klaus, Teseo, Axel
6 years 1 month ago #23767

• Thank you received: 420
I had the same issue on Ubuntu Mate 17.10 and had to fix it like this

sudo apt update

It prompted for a confirmation to accept the label change. Then apt-get worked again like before.
6 years 1 month ago #23770

• Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic KStars 2.9.3 is released

I simply removed the repository and added again.
6 years 1 month ago #23772

• Thank you received: 0
Kstars 2.9.3 on Windows prevents the offline plate solver from working and complains that it's not connected to the internet.
In my setup, the INDI is running in a remote RPi3 (ubuntu) and the Windows PC has the ANSVR Local Astrometry.net solver, and in the Ekos alignment module, the solver type is set to "Online" and the address is set to 127.0.0.1:8080. The RPi3 is not connected to the internet, but this setup worked fine with the Kstars 2.9.2.
Does the new Kstars check whether the remote server connected to the net, and if not, does it give up plate solving?
6 years 1 month ago #23773

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Gary on topic KStars 2.9.3 is released

I'll be doing a build of this and latest stable indilib later so no comments on the 2.9.3 itself, however, when I went to check the git repo out, the tags are a little confusing.

Latest stable is v2.9.3 yet there's v3.x.x and v4.x.x as well as v16/17 etc. I assume the latter are for ubuntu but what are the v3.x and v4.x tags? They're several years old so not the latest, which makes the version numbering odd?

Edit: Looks like I won't be doing a build. Latest appears to depend on Qt5DataVisualization and that's not afaict available in any of the Debian Stretch packages :(

Anyone know what the last version after 2.7.10 is that is buildable on Debian Stretch? Or what feature DataVis is required for and whether it can be disabled?
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Gary.
6 years 1 month ago #23776

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Oliver on topic KStars 2.9.3 is released

Is it just me or is the download link to the Mac Version dead?
www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/kstars-2.9.3.dmg
6 years 1 month ago #23779

Time to create page: 0.831 seconds