INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Messier Marathon session?

• Thank you received: 20
I'll be heading out to the Arizona desert in 2 weeks to participate in the 2018 Messier Marathon. The idea is that in one evening all 110 Messier objects are observed. I'm considering imaging all 110 that night or possibly over 2 nights. My plan is to create a job schedule and capture 4 images of each using my Sony A7S. I will be using my visual rig while Ekos does the heavy lifting for me. I don't have a focuser for this rig but it's proven to be fairly temperature stable.

Has anyone used Ekos for one of these events? Suggestions and general input are welcome.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23835

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Messier Marathon session?

This is a great idea. I might have to try it too.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23838

6 years 3 weeks ago #23840

• Thank you received: 809
Sounds like a good idea! Note that in the "Whats interesting panel" you can bring up the whole list with descriptions and photos. You can limit it to what is currently visible in the sky, view all of those objects, then do it again later after time has passed.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23853

Replied by Greg on topic Messier Marathon session?

Thanks! That will be helpful I think.
So - 110 objects. One night. One deep-cycle battery. No focuser. Lots of beer. My kind of challenge!
Right now the challenge is getting my RPi3 to run Ubuntu Mate. Seems I just can't get the SD card to write the image properly. I was hoping to run initial tests tonight but that seems to be off the table. Hrm.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23858

Time to create page: 0.752 seconds