INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Camera type shutter select dialog box not clear

• Thank you received: 139
When you select dark frame on the guider control the first time you try to image, it asks whether or not you have a mechanical or electronic shutter, with a "Yes or no" button option. It's poor phrasing, and should only ask if you have mechanical with yes or no options. So that if you pick no, then it can assume you have an electronic shutter. Or the buttons need to be relabeled to say "Electronic or Mechanical". Also, since I selected the incorrect message, it immediately took a dark without my lens cover over the guide scope, and now I can't seem to get it to ask me again so I can switch to the other answer.
6 years 1 month ago #24256

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How about "Does XXX have any shutter" ? Would this be less confusing? To change your settings, edit the file at ~/.config/kstarsrc and look for shutterfullCCDs and remove your camera from there so it should ask you the next time you use this.
6 years 1 month ago #24274

• Thank you received: 139

I think this might be misleading also, as the camera either has an electronic one, or a mechanical one. I think you just need to ask if it's mechanical, then you can only really answer based on what your camera has.
6 years 1 month ago #24279

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds