INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount model not syncing lately

• Thank you received: 66
In my last two outings, I've had trouble with syncing the scope position with plate solve position. I goto a star and its pretty close , do capture&solve and slew to target but it ends up with error too great and trying again and again. I reduced the accuracy and then it would work but I noticed that the mount position on teh kstars map is not being updated(repositioned) to the target when syncing. Usually, a successful plate solve and sync or slew would put the mount reticle right on the target. Its not doing that now. I have to manually re-position the scope with NSEW controls, do a plate solve and see if the FOV reticle is where I want it. The mount reticle remains about 0.5deg off.

This problem seems to be co-incedent with a couple of updates - I've updated to 2.9.5 from 2.9.3 (on Mac and StellarMate) but I've also started using INDI (eqmod) mount connection shared with PHD2 running on the RPi.

I don't have logs right now. I'll have to turn them on and try again. I can try tonight from my balcony but without polar alignment. I don't think polar alignment is necessary for this to work properly.

Question: If I plate solve with the guide scope and sync, is this model kept separate from the main scope model?

Edit: It seems the problem went away. Not sure why but as long as it stays that way, I'm ok :)
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Greg. Reason: update
5 years 10 months ago #25995

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds