INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Load and Sync

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

first of all thank you for the excellent KStars and Ekos. I have an issue with the Align module.
There are two possibilities of Astrometry alignment, one is Capture & Solve and the other is Load & Slew.
My problem is that I have a camera that is not supported by indi, so I have my external code to manage it, but I would like to capture the image and sync the telescope with my image. This is not possible because if I do Load & Slew the option Sync is not possible, the only thing that I can to is to Slew.
But if I am not perfectly aligned is useless to Slew to coordinates that are not fully correct.
So I wonder if it is possible in some way to do a Load & Sync instead of Slew.
In the right options there is the option Sync but when I use Load & Slew the Slew on Target is automatically selected (and this is coherent with the button function).
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
5 years 11 months ago #26079

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Load and Sync

"Slew To Target" also performs a SYNC if it is supported by the mount.
5 years 11 months ago #26080

Replied by Enrico Pallazzo on topic Load and Sync

Maybe I was not clear with my problem. Let say that my mount has a small misalignment error. Now when I take a photo with the camera and I do Load & Slew astrometry will get the correct coordinates of the pictures but the mount will slew in a position that is not 100% correct because it is with the misalignment. So even if it performs a sync, the final result will be a misaligned position.

By the way, the final sync done after the Load & Slew is performed with the first connected camera (that in my case is the guiding camera, the only one recognized by INDI). This is also somehow a problem because if the guiding scope and the main telescope are not perfectly aligned I'd like to sync everything with the main telescope, not with the guiding.

Everything can be simply solved with the possibility to sync the position with the loaded image without slewing.
5 years 11 months ago #26083

What's the camera you're using that is not supported?
5 years 11 months ago #26085

Canon EOS M10. In particular the long exposure mode works only with CHDK firmware (with the default firmware it does not have Bulb mode).
5 years 11 months ago #26087

Sorry, I'm still not following. So this camera does not work with the INDI Canon/GPhoto driver with the CHDK firmware?
5 years 10 months ago #26102

Exactly, this camera does not work with INDI Canon/GPhoto. I made it working with a custom program just to take photos using the chdkptp interface but it is full of hacks that are non standard in gphoto library and there is not an easy way to make it working in gphoto and consequently with INDI. But I am a bit confused now: why are we talking about the camera? My question was: is it possible to load an image and do the sync with the coordinates of the image instead of the slew? I think this is much easier than to code a new driver for an unsupported camera.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Enrico Pallazzo.
5 years 10 months ago #26106

Time to create page: 0.919 seconds