INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

A reflection on the quality of EKOS

• Thank you received: 155
Yes, I know there are still some issues to be resolved, but last night I experienced just how well EKOS actually works.
I purchased and installed a hi-res Moonlight motorized focuser, ASI 1600MM camera, and ZWO Electronic Filter Wheel.
I had never had any experience before with motorized focusers, CCD astro cameras, or filter wheels. I have only done things manually with a DSLR.
So I added all the gear, loaded my WO-STar 71 onto my iOptron CEM25P and took it to the roof. I attached all the cables to the Stellarmate, added the equipment to the INDI profile, and launched EKOS. Everything worked flawlessly! The focuser found focus quickly, the camera dropped down to -10C and took a series of images with various filters. Everything was perfect.

The only thing I noticed is that I could not set the camera's temp to 0 degrees C. It never stopped at zero, and just bounced between -0.5 and +.5, so I had to abort the preview image and set the temp to any other on-zero temperature. I am not sure if that's a known issue with the ASI 1600MM CCD or if I have a bad camera.
By the way - I found no way to easily abort the preview - when EKOS kept waiting for the temperature to get to zero. There found no abort button, and so it stayed waiting until I quite EKOS and relaunched it.

Other than that - I was very impressed at how everything just worked, for a guy with zero prior experience with this new equipment.

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 10 months ago #26607

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I am aware of the issue with abort when it's still controlling the temperature. I'll get right to it :D

EDIT: It's fixed and should be available in the next release! Regarding temperature, it depends on the camera, you can set a higher tolerance value (e.g. 1 degree) so that a different of 1 degree from nominal is accepted and the sequence can go on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 10 months ago #26623

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds