INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Don't stop capture when guiding fails

• Thank you received: 66
There's no reason to stop guiding, nor stop capturing just because of a hiccup. PHD2 continues to try to find a guide star and with re-enter guiding when it does, meanwhile image capturing should also not stop so that things can return to normal when a passing cloud is gone. All that needs to happen is to send an alarm that there is an issue. Again PHD2 does this until its back on its feet. Ekos stops everything, sends out 1 ding and thats it. Most of the time this kind of alarm is missed. An alarm should persist until acknowledged.

thanks
5 years 8 months ago #27369

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I agree. A cloud passing by shouldn't stop an image session. It should just stop guiding until it can find a guide star again.
Stellarvue SVQ-100
Losmandy G11-GT
ASI-1600mm-Cool
PixInsight
Ubuntu 18.04
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
5 years 8 months ago #27371

• Thank you received: 420
Once guiding is resumed, capture is also resumed. It's not the case?
5 years 8 months ago #27375

I haven't seen it happen. Last session where I had a lot of difficulty was about 2 months ago - I don't get out much ;-(
5 years 8 months ago #27376

Thanks. Just to really press my point, Kstars should NEVER abort a capture session. There is no reason to. We’re not trying to save film here. I should be able to leave my rig going all night without stopping or until it hits mount limits. Sky conditions are always changing and I need to have it running until I decide to stop it.

I think I saw a option that appeared to disable abort but it seemed to not work. Again it was a couple outings ago that I was struggling with it.
5 years 8 months ago #27378

Capture is aborted if guiding was aborted and autoguiding was started before capture process was started. So if you started capture and guide was active, this only means you depend on guiding for capture. So when guiding is aborted, capture is stopped. However, capture was not resumed when guiding was started again. So I just fixed this aspect, but the overall behavior is the same.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 8 months ago #27379

So will it automatically reaquire a guide star and start guiding again? If so then that should be good.
5 years 8 months ago #27383

• Thank you received: 109

This has worked fine for me, and is a great feature. I have some sounds set up so I know when it stops capture and when it starts again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
5 years 8 months ago #27403

Time to create page: 1.169 seconds