INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

That's me done for today... :side:

Do we need to recap where we are now, what's next, what still needs to be fixed? etc..
7 years 4 months ago #12478
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Jamie! Jasem left me a message. Apparently they renamed emerge to craft on the git.

cgit.kde.org/craft.git/?

Which explains why emerge failed today. It doesn't exist there anymore.
7 years 4 months ago #12479
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I will try to incorporate this - I nuked the home-brew on my MBA and am trying the whole thing on that.
7 years 4 months ago #12480

DOH!

OK, that is easy enough to fix.
7 years 4 months ago #12481

do we still call "emerge", or do we say "craft" now?
7 years 4 months ago #12482

Yeah, especially if I have todos :D

I have to work this week, so will be mostly booked. Customer meetings and such. I might be able to fit some stuff in...
7 years 4 months ago #12483

Dang, I wrote a whole list, but now I think I closed the window and lost my edits. Here goes again.

I can get into the KStars code now that I can do so thanks to the hard work of Stephane. So the first things. I will do are:
--Correct my mistake on not making at least two of the settings internal by default. I think they were the drivers directory and at least one other.
--Check for the internal astrometry path each time the user starts up. Right now I have it checking that when you have to do a fresh install and it doesn't find a data directory. But, if you are just doing an update to KStars, you would HAVE a data directory. So the path would be wrong and would not be fixed. So I will fix that.

Jamie said he will fix the emerge to craft or whatever it is now. I don't know if we want to rename it or not. I'm flexible. Any idea why they changed it?
Jamie, can you also incorporate all the great stuff Stephane found to get the cmake version working?
Also, I noticed for the cmake version the Indi directory copied but not the astrometry or xplanet ones, are they commented out or don't they exist?
By the way for editing the code, the KStars app that we care about is actually the kstars.app in the kstars-build/kstars/ folder. That is the one the directories should get copied into. The /Applications folder one is superfluous unless you are using cmake to make your actual product.

Stephane, do we have a working dmg now that can run indiserver? I thought we did, but I think the one I tried yesterday on my machine using emerge didn't work. There might be something else you did to it that Jamie's script doesn't.

By the way gentlemen, I don't know that we need all of the drivers to work right away. Remember that many folks will have a remote indiserver and will use the Mac KStars to interface with that. As long as the indiserver works remotely, we are good for now. We can worry about other drivers internally functioning later.
7 years 4 months ago #12484

We do need to make sure astrometry works perfectly however. . .
7 years 4 months ago #12485
  • Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

We have Jamie's dmg, it works on my MBP:
www.dropbox.com/s/eoqstbm3uw3ozbc/kstars.dmg?dl=0

indiserver start, I can take a picture with the ccd simulator too.
7 years 4 months ago #12486

So, due to Stephane's awesome work, I was able to finally fix some problems. Now, if you don't have a data directory (i.e. if you make a fresh install) it will now properly make the Indi driver directory internal by default. Also, I updated it so that it will check the internal astrometry.cfg path to make sure it is correct anytime you start up the offline astrometry solver. The problem before was I only had done this check if you were just getting set up and had no data directory. If you did have a data directory (i.e. you were just dragging in the app to do an update rather than a fresh install), it didn't even run the code. So you would be left with the wrong path in the config file. It should work as soon as Jasem applies my changes.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 4 months ago #12487

I tested that on my wife's laptop. It doesn't seem to work. KStars runs fine, the indiserver starts fine, but once you try to connect, the drivers crash. Could it have something to do with the OS X version since hers is El Capitan?
7 years 4 months ago #12488

By the way, your comment on line 461,
# This way we have to copy some stuff, too

I totally agree that we should probably copy stuff in there. Pretty much the same things that we need for the regular app: Indi, astrometry, xplanet, and the data directory. It's either that or anybody doing development would need to copy them in themselves. I have had to do this the whole time we have been working on making the things internal. Just note that the app we need for development is in the kstars-build directory, not /applications.
7 years 4 months ago #12489
Time to create page: 1.189 seconds