INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Here is an example of the new tools in action.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 1 week ago #15203
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Never mind about this, I think I just found the solution. It is due to a known bug in QCustomPlot. According to this forum it can be solved with setScatterSkip(0); I tried it and I think the odd behavior may have stopped. I will send this patch to Jasem.

www.qcustomplot.com/index.php/support/forum/1239
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 1 week ago #15208

I think we should get the dotted lines patch I just sent in there and we should get the driver loading issue that Sean pointed out fixed before we officially post this dmg. Please let me know if there are any other issues.
7 years 1 week ago #15209
  • Thank you received: 30

Replied by T-Studio on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I appreciate the wonderful efforts.

I mentioned the previous wishlist, but FCUSB does not appear on the Ekos driver setting screen. Even if you install sudo apt-get install indi-full or sudo apt-get install indi-full kstars-bleeding, FCUSB is not installed in UBUNTU, so it needs to be installed separately from CloudMaker.

It is installed on OSD's CloudMakers INDI server, but it is not displayed in Kstars, Ekos.

I hope to be able to select FCUSB on Ekos driver setting screen.
7 years 1 week ago #15213

If that can be realized, OSX expects localization options. .
7 years 1 week ago #15214

I am confused by your post. You mention sudo apt-get install, which is an Ubuntu installation method, then you mention cloud makers OS X INDI server. Are you using OS X or are you using Ubuntu? Are you hosting an INDI server on one OS and then trying to access it with a client on another? I am just not sure which you mean. My best guess from what you said is that you are running an indi server on a Mac and are trying to connect to it from an Ubuntu system?

Regardless, if your goal is to connect KStars/Ekos to a remote INDI server that is currently hosting an FCUSB device, you just need to have the XML file for for the FCUSB driver (Called indi_shoestring.xml) on the client machine. You don't actually have to have the driver fully installed on the client machine. The XML file needs to be placed in the INDI Drivers Directory. Where that directory is depends on what operating system you are using to run KStars.
7 years 1 week ago #15215

Actually, one thing that I would like to do is get more xml files into the OS X app. I know the SBIG xml file needs to get in there. I use my SBIG with KStars all the time, hosted using a remote indiserver from my Raspberry Pi. Right now I have to copy and paste the XML file in there. It should be copied in automatically. So yes, if there are any other XML files that need to get in there, please let me know. I will work on getting more XML files into the App.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, T-Studio
7 years 1 week ago #15216

I'm sorry I lacked the words.
It is a request as follows.

indilib.org/forum/wish-list/2038-ekos-re...-3-party-driver.html

Server uses RaspberryPi, OSX Kstars as remote client.
7 years 1 week ago #15217

In UBUNTU, it was necessary to install FCUSB separately from the cloud maker.
(It was not included in sudo apt-get indi-full.)

On OSX, INDI server uses Kstars application with cloud maker, but you can not install FCUSB individually like UBUNTU.
7 years 1 week ago #15218

Yes, it's because the cloud makers driver is built into their indi server app. I believe that is a driver we cannot bundle into kstars because it is their own proprietary driver, but as I said before, we can include an xml file in kstars and you could connect to the indiserver on the pi or to the cloudmakers indiserver if you want to run the fcusb on your mac. You can copy the xml file in there yourself, or I should be able to get it in there by next week sometime.
7 years 1 week ago #15219

I use Pi as a server and remotely on Mac.
I hope FCUSB can be used if you can select FCUSB on Ekos on Mac so please add it to the list.

How do I add an XML file?

Postscript
Since it had kde-l10n-ja in MacPort, it was installed, but unfortunately it was not localized.
7 years 1 week ago #15249

Ok, for right now, the easiest way would be for you to copy and paste this into your favorite text editor and save it as indi_shoestring.xml

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?-->
<driversList>
<devGroup group="Focusers">
<device label="Shoestring Astronomy FCUSB">
<driver name="FCUSB Focuser">indi_fcusb_focuser</driver>
<version>1.1</version>
</device>
</devGroup>
</driversList>

Then once you do that, copy and paste the file into KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/indi
If you don't know how to get into the app, just right click on it and select "show package contents"
The following user(s) said Thank You: T-Studio
7 years 1 week ago #15262
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds