Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #15825

Several things have happened in the past week.

I corrected a problem with the Gphoto driver build on OS X. By accident, it wasn't included when otool redirected the paths to files in frameworks.
ZWO ASI driver now builds natively in KStars for OS X.
We corrected the problem where several remote drivers that are available for remote use were not listed (like the post by T-Studio).
We directed the user to relaunch kstars if they change their driver directory correcting an observation Sean Houghton made a few weeks ago.

And I just updated the documentation on the OS X KStars page so the instructions are up to date:

github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro, nmac, Poison, T-Studio
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 8 months 1 week ago #16006

rlancaste wrote: Several things have happened in the past week.

I corrected a problem with the Gphoto driver build on OS X. By accident, it wasn't included when otool redirected the paths to files in frameworks.
ZWO ASI driver now builds natively in KStars for OS X.
We corrected the problem where several remote drivers that are available for remote use were not listed (like the post by T-Studio).
We directed the user to relaunch kstars if they change their driver directory correcting an observation Sean Houghton made a few weeks ago.

And I just updated the documentation on the OS X KStars page so the instructions are up to date:

github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx


So I've downloaded the prebuilt image, and tried building with homebrew, but the ZWO driver still isn't showing up. Any suggestions?
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16452

I'm testing Ekos on Mac OS X (Kstars 2.7.6). Unfortunately, I cannot connect any of my Canon DSLR's ("Unable to establish: +Canon DSLR Please ensure the device is connected and powered on"). I went through the Q&A, read all the docs I could find but I can't find a solution. Just for your information:
  • The DSLR is NOT mounted by the OS
  • Canon EOS Utilities are NOT installed
  • The DSRL is correctly detected by gphoto2 --auto-detect
  • Camera properties are correctly reported by gphoto2 -a
  • If I run the Ekos VM in VirtualBox the DSLR is detected and it works properly
  • I have the same issue with MacOS Sierra and Yosemite, with a Canon EOS 7D and a 7D Mark II
The above considerations seems to rule out any hardware issue (USB port, USB cable, etc.).
When checking the log I found a suspicious line:
DEBG - INDI Server:  "2017-05-01T19:39:42: Driver indi_canon_ccd: Number of cameras detected: -4."
The full log is attached.
While the problem is solved I can run Ekos VM, but having it run natively would be great. Is there something else I can check to sort this out?
Thanks in advance - Alessio
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16454

Hi Allessio, I'll look into it and ask Jasem if he knows anything about it. It was working the last time I tried it, but the code may have been changed.

I'll do the same for you poobie, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Thanks,

Rob
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16456

Allessio can you test this dmg? I was experimenting to see if I could reproduce the issue you reported and yes I did see the problem when I used a dmg build with my old Mac, but not with the DMG created with my new Mac. Please note that this is a Sierra-Only DMG since I did not build it with the El Capitan machine. Please let me know if it works with your Canon DSLR. I will need to figure out what issue I have with my installation on my old machine if this works.

Thanks,

Rob

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ivMJINsdQ8SEh...UE0/view?usp=sharing
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16457

Thanks Rob. I tried the DMG from Google Drive but unfortunately it didn't work. Just for the record, I tested it on my MacBook Pro (13" 2015 model) with Sierra. BTW, that's my current astrophotography machine.

Alessio
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16459

Was it the same error that you reported before?

Can you try running a cloudmakers indiserver on your macbook and connecting to it from the kstars app "remotely" and then try the canon camera?
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16464

rlancaste wrote: Was it the same error that you reported before?

Yes, it was exactly the same, including "cameras detected: -4"

rlancaste wrote: Can you try running a cloudmakers indiserver on your macbook and connecting to it from the kstars app "remotely" and then try the canon camera?

I did it. EKOS connects to all the simulators I added to CM INDI server, however the DSLR does not connect. The only difference I noticed was in the debug message "Please ensure remote device name corresponds to actual device name.", which is expected as CloudMakers INDI server does not include a Canon DSLR driver (Canon DSLR's are supported by AStroDSLR, which I have installed and it's working fine. But, as far as I know from a previous conversation with Pavel, AstroDSLR uses Canon's API).
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16466

Alessio,

Thank you, that is very useful information because one of my computers says the same error. Now I at least know it is probably just the one problem. I should be able to just study the differences in the dependencies installed on each computer. it is probably something simple like a missing framework or an out of date dependency. It will probably be.a couple of days before I can track it down though.

I am surprised the gphoto/canon driver is not in the cloud makers Indi server. I thought it was. I will have to remember that for future reference.

Thanks,

Rob
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16467

poobie wrote:

rlancaste wrote: Several things have happened in the past week.

I corrected a problem with the Gphoto driver build on OS X. By accident, it wasn't included when otool redirected the paths to files in frameworks.
ZWO ASI driver now builds natively in KStars for OS X.
We corrected the problem where several remote drivers that are available for remote use were not listed (like the post by T-Studio).
We directed the user to relaunch kstars if they change their driver directory correcting an observation Sean Houghton made a few weeks ago.

And I just updated the documentation on the OS X KStars page so the instructions are up to date:

github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx


So I've downloaded the prebuilt image, and tried building with homebrew, but the ZWO driver still isn't showing up. Any suggestions?


I looked into this, it looks like Jasem did the work to get the driver functioning on OS X, but then the CMakeLists file was never updated to tell the system to build the driver, so the driver was able to be built and included in the dmg, but it just was not done. Sorry that this got overlooked. It should be corrected in the next dmg.
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16468

Thanks Rob.
If I can help in testing or debugging please let me know.
The topic has been locked.

Ekos on Mac OS X ? 7 months 1 week ago #16469

Apologies for being absent from this thread in months and from the Astro world. I had to dedicate all my spare time to my other expensive pass-time..... I'm building a vintage race car.
I'm going to slightly change course in my astro stuff, going to swap my Megrez 72 for a an old camera lens. This is to try to achieve my quest of a much more compact observatory.
Kstars Mac osx
Odroid C1 running indiserver (kept up-to-date with apt-get update/upgrade)
HEQ5 pro / Atik titan / Atik 314L+
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Login



3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!


Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica