INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moonlight focuser and rotator - anyone using with RPI3

• Thank you received: 24
Excellent news. I will wait and see what the back focus of the LiteCrawler is then; Ron has been very supportive.
Good things come to those who wait :)
6 years 10 months ago #16731

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nightcrawler INDI driver is up and ready

Integration with Ekos is also there. I haven't implemented the "Rotate after Meridian Flip" yet, but it's getting there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, Stephen
6 years 9 months ago #17290

This is great news, Thank you.

Ron mentioned the LiteCrawler, which should work with my EdgeHD11 and OAG, should be available mid July.

So now it is just the waiting :)
6 years 9 months ago #17321

Yay, I heard from Ron and he is near to ship the focuser to me.

I was looking into Ekos to prepare some setup ideas. Does anyone have some handy points or links they can share?

I found on the CCD panel the offset for each filter. I assume to start the focus with LUM, and then adjust it for each additional filter. I am not sure how to read the steps in Ekos to enter the values.

Also for the rotation, the rotation value saved in the FIT or file name so it can be used to recreate flats? I tried to explore some with simulators to no avail. This is okay as it is more important for the drivers to work than the simulators.

Any ideas that can help me prepare and get things setup wold be great.

Thank you
6 years 7 months ago #18243

Currently rotation is not stored in FITS Header. Is there a standard keyword used for rotators?
6 years 7 months ago #18244

Not sure if this helps.

I think MaximDL uses: ROTATANG – Rotator angle in degrees, if focal plane rotator is connected.
6 years 7 months ago #18245

Ok I added it to FITS header. But it will be a couple of days before it shows up in the PPA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
6 years 7 months ago #18248

Hi Jasem,

My LiteCrawler arrived today. It connected and worked with out a problem.

Is it possible to add a minimum distance in? The reason I ask is that the diameter of camera is greater than the 0 position.

The LiteCrawler has a total travel of ~25000 ticks. The minimum distance in before the camera hits the focuser is 7000 ticks.

Additionally I noticed that when setting the angle on the INDI Rotation tab, the value set will match the result on the LiteCrawler, whereas the value reported was 0. The LiteCrawler was heading from 0 onto 60, then changing the value 340 the LiteCrawler reversed direction as desired. Perhaps this is where the value did not updated, going in negative direction beyond 0.

Thank you for the great job on the driver!
6 years 7 months ago #18407

In case others ask... the Night/LiteCrawler non-ASCOM windows application can be used to set the HOME position for the focuser.

In my case I can use this to prevent the LiteCrawler from going in all the way where the guider would hit. To reset the HOME command would have to be done after the guider is removed. It is for only 2mm... very cool how precise things are.

I hope this helps someone else.
6 years 7 months ago #18446

Time to create page: 0.829 seconds