Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hardware recommendation needed for focuser

Hardware recommendation needed for focuser 5 days 21 hours ago #27388

Helle,

I would like to use autofocusing within Ekos and therefore want to upgrade my Crayford focuser on my Newton.

The requirements that I have are:

a) must fit on my 8" Skywatcher Newton
b) must have a 2" diameter
c) must be comaptible with a step motor that can be controlled via Ekos
d) shall have a gear or worm drive
e) shall not be too expensive - yeah the NiteCrawlers are definitely nice gadgets ;-)

Do you have any recommendations? I could not get a grip on all the different combinations of motors, controllers, fitting equipment and focusers.

Thanks in advance

Rogue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Skywatcher Newton 200/1000 on EQ6-R
Skywatcher Mak 105/1300 on AZ GTi
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Canon 7D DSLR or ASI 183 MC Pro

Hardware recommendation needed for focuser 5 days 19 hours ago #27389

I would recommend Moonlite with the Moonlite high resolution stepper motors. I have two of them, one for each of the scopes I use for Imaging. I have only one controller box though and I switch it back and forth depending on which scope I am using. Both of my scopes they are on are Newtonians. The moonlite works like a dream in Ekos and I almost never have any problems with it.

Hardware recommendation needed for focuser 4 days 22 hours ago #27400

I'll second the Moonlite focusers. I have two as well, and they work flawlessly. You only need one controller, the Mini V2 with it. Or, if you buy a motorized rotator, you can use the dual controller.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica