INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Project INDI WiringPi GPIO

• Thank you received: 72
Hi.

A while ago i made my indi_usbrelay2_roof driver to control the roof of my observatory (still in planing). When i posted it i got some good tips about using the GPIO board to check for roof position.

As i started thinking about it i realized that having a gpio switch to check if the roof is in lock down, and perhaps having a physical emergency shut-down switch (snooped by watchdog?), and so on.., would be nice. I did some searching and found that the INDI for Java had a GPIO driver, but could not find anything similar for INDI.

Some coding later.., and i now have v0.1 of indi_wiringpi_gpio
I have tested it on Raspberry Pi 1 Type B, and my Odroid C1+. On Rasperry Pi it works well, my Odroid has a kernel < 4.1.7, and the server must be started with sudo..
I have not found a good way of error handling with the WiringPi lib as som errors are considered "fatal" and ends the program, but if not enabling unsupported pins on the hardkernel ported WiringPi, then it works.. Explained better in the github README

If it seams interesting then check out github.com/magnue/indi_wiringpi_gpio , and do read the "Known issues"
It's a work in progress, and there are improvements to be made....

Let me know if it is of any interest.
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Oleg, Philippe
8 years 3 weeks ago #7538

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
Head over to my github github.com/Trigger-broom-289/indi-gonzo-box
It uses the GPIO to control the relays, it might help you.
8 years 3 weeks ago #7540

• Thank you received: 72

Replied by Magnus on topic Project INDI WiringPi GPIO

Hi.

I see you are using the gpio utility from c++, with system("gpio write 2 1"); If i should use that, then the pins would have to be exported first.

Just wondering what WiringPi library you are using for your Odroid, and what pins are working?
I have only found this github.com/hardkernel/wiringPi , and the pintest program is only reporting pins 0-7, 10-14 as OK on my Odroid C1+

I think however that my old Raspberry PI 1 - B, would work nice as a gpio / roof / weather server, as none of those require much of the hw.
I have seen somewhere that multiple INDI servers can be linked.
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
8 years 3 weeks ago #7541

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds