INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Weather safety proxy

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

I have the weather safety proxy up ab=nd running. It got it's status thru an URL calling a php script.
But now i want to park my scope in the vent of an unsafe status. How do i do that? or how can i run a script python or shell from the weather safety proxy?

Best regards,

Joshua
5 months 3 weeks ago #96944

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by wotalota on topic Weather safety proxy

Joshua,

Some things to look at to get started. Get the telescope in a safe position.

The watchdog is the key the weather proxy will notify it when notified weather critical. Install & run the watchdog timer. Is the telescope below the roofline safe or able to be parked. At the moment I'm actually not quite sure how to interpret the mount policy mount locks in the watchdog. I use mount ignored finding that the other settings first parks the mount then the roof. I would first experiment with mount locks. To discover how it interacts.

Set the watchdog triggers and the shutdown action checkboxes

In the INDI mount set the Dome Policy, can you unpark the mount when the roof is closed, or does a parked roof block.

Now the other way around in whatever roof control you are using can it close when the mount is unparked or must it wait for the parking to complete. I have a small scope installed so it is showing mount ignored and the roof parks without waiting on the mount to complete its park. You will probably want the setting 'mount locks'.

See if that gets it going.
/Tom
5 months 3 weeks ago #96956
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Joshua R on topic Weather safety proxy

Thanx Tom,

I will get watchdog and play aroudn with that.

regards Joshua
5 months 3 weeks ago #96962

Time to create page: 0.764 seconds