INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Custom views not available on Kstars 3.7.0 for MacOS

• Thank you received: 20
The menu entry is called "Views" and not "Custom Views" although we've referred to the feature as "Custom Views". Please check if there is a menu item titled
"Views" in the "View" menu, screenshot from my Linux machine attached. I've tested the build on MacOS and at least on my custom builds, it showed up fine.

Clear Skies,
Akarsh
2 weeks 1 day ago #100363
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 34
Hi Akarsh,

This is what it looks like on the Mac (Macbook Pro M1 running Sonoma 14.4.1). It works perfectly on my Linux machine.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
2 weeks 1 day ago #100364
Attachments:

Interesting. I have no idea what might be causing this.

If you are building from source, have you run `make install`? Generally speaking, KDE uses an .xml file to define the menu items, and you need to run the full build process to install this properly.

In my attempt to build it on MacOS, it worked fine. Perhaps someone who is more familiar with MacOS build toolchain knows what the issue is, maybe Robert Lancaster?
1 week 1 day ago #100496

I installed the pre-built dmg available in the downloads area.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
1 week 1 day ago #100497

• Thank you received: 69
Hmm,
I downloaded the 3.7.0 stable DMG on my Mac with a build date of Build: 2024-04-04T05:15:20Z
and I see the Views sub-menu.
1 week 20 hours ago #100507

• Thank you received: 12
I have the exact same build on my Mac and I don't see it. What macOS are you running? I have the most recent Sonoma 14.4.1 on an Intel iMac. Here is what the View menu looks like:

1 week 17 hours ago #100511
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 69
Apple Silicon Mac Studio M1 Ultra 14.4.1
1 week 17 hours ago #100512
Attachments:

Ah! I bet there was some compile flag that controls this feature. Maybe it was set for the Apple silicon builds but not for Intel.

Is the original poster also on Intel?
1 week 16 hours ago #100514

I am on the M1 pro chip
Clear Skies,
Pramod

Last edit: 5 days 11 hours ago by AstroMuni.
5 days 12 hours ago #100535

Well, I guess it is not an M1/Intel thing then. I dunno.
5 days 4 hours ago #100550

So several people seem to have this issue and I'm not sure what's causing it. There was also a post on the Facebook group saying that the installer doesn't work on MacOS < 12.0 -- that's a KDE craft buildsystem issue where the pre-compiled libraries assume MacOS >= 12.0

I'd cut a custom .dmg for you but my Mac Mini is having problems booting. Once I get that fixed (may take a while), I should be able to build a custom dmg. Until then I have a DMG that I made for beta-testing the views feature from a little before the 3.7.0 cut, so it would be missing some of the features that were merged into 3.7.0 but it does have Views:
asimha.net/kstars-3.6.9.dmg
SHAsum: `b5d3dae0a71d5cad9579987abb1f7431b87d3545`
1 day 11 hours ago #100640

Thanks Akarsh. Appreciated. There is no urgency atleast for me as the UK weather hasnt been very cooperative and the forecast is definitely bleak for a while.
I will download the version you have posted, try it out and provide feedback
Clear Skies,
Pramod

1 day 10 hours ago #100642

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds