INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos VM black screen on Win 10 host system

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm trying to run Indi/Ekos from a windows 10 laptop, with VirtuaBox. I've downloaded the Ekos VM, imported into VirtuaBox, started once and had the network connection problem. Then i loaded in a small window. To make it large, I installed guest additions in the guest system - loaded the GUestAddistions iso, and ran VboxGuestAdditions.run (or similar) as sudo from the console, to make it able to run in full solution mode (2560 x 1440). However, after this I only get a black screen when starting it. Any ideas on what is happening here? I've tried setting the available memory higher, to 4 MB, but that did not seem to solve it.

I can run Kstars and Ekos in a Lubuntu virtual machine, but I'd like to be able to use the Ekos VM as well, and to recommend it to others...

Magnus
7 years 7 months ago #9792

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Hi,
did you think to increase the video memory in the display settings. The default 12Mb may not be enough for the screen resolution you want.

Sebastien
7 years 7 months ago #9802

Hi!
Great, that made the difference. Maybe it would be good do include this in the description, for users not experienced with VirtualBox, so as to facilitate for windows users?

Magnus
7 years 7 months ago #9803

I never touched video ram settings in my VirtualBox, is it this low by defualt?!!

EDIT: Added a notice to the Ekos download page.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 7 months ago #9816

Hi!
I never touched it before either. I guess it might have to do with my screen resolution being relatively high.
Magnus
7 years 7 months ago #9820

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds