INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi Web Manager auto start problem

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,
I have followed the instructions on the tutorial for installing Web Manager to the letter.

If I start it manually using:
cd servermanager
python drivermanager.py
It runs fine.

If I setup the auto restart as per the tutorial and run
sudo systemctl status indiwebmanager.service
I receive the following message:
indiwebmanager.service - INDI Web Manager
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/indiwebmanager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2016-10-21 14:40:06 AEDT; 2s ago
Process: 2030 ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/python /home/gary/servermanager/autostart.py (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 2029 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python /home/gary/servermanager/drivermanager.py (code=killed, signal=TERM)
Main PID: 2029 (code=killed, signal=TERM)

Oct 21 14:40:06 Observatory systemd[1]: indiwebmanager.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 21 14:40:06 Observatory systemd[1]: indiwebmanager.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
~
Can anyone help please? Not an experienced Linux user.

This is on a laptop configured with the latest Mint Cinnamon 64 bit distribution.
All my Indi devices run perfectly when connected to this laptop. I would like to connect to the laptop remotely - hence the desire to austostart Indi Web Manager.

cheers
Gary

PS I have edited indiwebmanager.service as below
[Unit]
Description=INDI Web Manager
After=multi-user.target

[Service]
Type=idle
User=gary
ExecStart=/usr/bin/python /home/gary/servermanager/drivermanager.py
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/python /home/gary/servermanager/autostart.py
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gary McKenzie. Reason: additional info
7 years 5 months ago #10943

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is this the full path /home/gary/servermanager/drivermanager.py ? Did you verify? Can you run python /home/gary/servermanager/drivermanager.py ?
7 years 5 months ago #10946

see atached screenshots - path is correct
can run drivermanager

cheers
Gary

BTW, following the same instructions webmanager runs perfectly om my Raspberry Pi......
7 years 5 months ago #10948
Attachments:

hmmm not sure what the problem is. Btw, why do you need INDI web manager on the laptop? I presume you'll be running devices on the Pi, so it's already installed there and running?
7 years 5 months ago #10949

I decided that the Pi was too slow, and I found that I had issues with usb connections being flaky (sometimes everything would connect, sometimes only some devices would connect.) When I use my laptop, everything works consistently. Hence I was going to use the laptop in place of the Pi - with everything connected to it via a usb hub and single usb cable, and then run Kstars/Ekos on a desktop inside the house - away from the mosquitos :-).

I also tried installing the server on the desktop and got identical errors. Is it possibly something to do with the Mint Cinnamon I'm running? - the desktop has an identical installation.....
cheers
Gary
7 years 5 months ago #10950

I updated documentation to fix the issue github.com/knro/indiwebmanager
sudo apt-get -y install python-requests python-psutil python-bottle
7 years 5 months ago #10956

Thanks Jasem,
that fixed it ...

cgeers
Gary
7 years 5 months ago #10959

• Thank you received: 51
Hello,
I have a little problem with the indi web manager:
"sudo systemctl status indiwebmanager.service" gives

If I comment the autostart line in the service file it works. Here is the service file.

PS: the requirements.txt in the tutorial doesn’t tell whate are the requirements because the file doesn’t exists in the zip file.
7 years 4 months ago #12643

I updated the instructions and you can also find them here: github.com/knro/indiwebmanager
7 years 4 months ago #12646

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Just reinstalled my Raspberry, due to a SD-card failure. So I have a brand new Ubuntu Mate on it now. Everything installed, but the webmanager does not work. I've followed the instructions on the Git-hub (to the best of my knowledge) but running the check on the Raspberry, it seems to listen on the wrong ip-adress - the Raspberry is on 192.168.1.18:

raspberry@raspberry:~$ sudo systemctl status indiwebmanager.service
● indiwebmanager.service - INDI Web Manager
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/indiwebmanager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since lör 2016-12-10 23:01:17 CET; 14min ago
Process: 1025 ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/python /home/pi/servermanager/autostart.py (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1024 (python)
CGroup: /system.slice/indiwebmanager.service
└─1024 /usr/bin/python /home/pi/servermanager/drivermanager.py

dec 10 23:10:19 raspberry python[1024]: 192.168.1.27 - - [10/Dec/2016 23:10:19] "POST /api/profiles/RaspberryPi/drivers HTTP/1.1" 500 1586
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: Traceback (most recent call last):
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bottle.py", line 862, in _handle
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: return route.call(**args)
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bottle.py", line 1729, in wrapper
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: rv = callback(*a, **ka)
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: File "/home/pi/servermanager/drivermanager.py", line 135, in start_server
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: port = info
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
dec 10 23:10:24 raspberry python[1024]: 192.168.1.27 - - [10/Dec/2016 23:10:24] "POST /api/server/start/RaspberryPi HTTP/1.1" 500 1446

Where do I set the ip-adress?

Magnus
7 years 4 months ago #13038

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Forget this. It seemed to be another issue, I'll make another post.

Magnus
7 years 4 months ago #13134

Time to create page: 0.701 seconds