INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

focuser and lx90 crash

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by jon on topic focuser and lx90 crash

Philippe :

I finally got the persistent port mapping to work. I removed the user (me)from the dialout group and then did a adduser to the dialout group and it worked. Don't know why but I am happy with it. Unfortunate things are still not working right. Prior to adding the Moonlight focuser clone, my system : LX90 scope, DSI2 guider camera, and ATIK 314L main imager , all worked well. Problems only started with the addition of the Moonlight focuser clone.

Now, with the persistent port issue fixed the scope , focuser and the DSI2 work fine together. But when I connect the ATIK camera I get a warning that the scope driver has crashed. It also does something interesting. Connect the ATIK and the ports the scope and focuser are connected to try to change.

I still think the EKOS system is worth the effort but unfortunately I am not a great computer person. I can't look at the logs and figure out what is wrong.

Maybe Jasem can look at the log and give me some guidance.

Jon
7 years 3 months ago #12866
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic focuser and lx90 crash

Yes issue is that ATIK was built against a slightly out-of-date libindi. I asked Peter to build it against a newer build.

EDIT: Peter updated the builds, please download the updated ATIK driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jon
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 3 months ago #12867

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by jon on topic focuser and lx90 crash

Jasem:

I downloaded the new ATIK driver and now everything seems to be working correctly. Its raining here so all I could do is connect everything and take preview exposures through both cameras and use EKOS to run the focuser in and out and also move the scope. Nothing crashed so I am very hopeful that its cured, Thanks again for the help.

Jon
7 years 3 months ago #12894

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds