INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic Astroberry Server

I installed ntpdate. Running it states the socket is in use.

GPS is not possible for me at this time. Need to get a few other things first :)

Kstars still crashes on me on the RPI3 unfortunately. To restart and match date ASAP, I want to get the time reset. Is there a process to stop, perhaps gpsd, so that ntpdate can work quickly?

Thank you
6 years 8 months ago #17879
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Astroberry Server

The very first result of this query gives you exact answer: www.google.pl/search?q=ntpdate+socket+is+in+use

General comment to the thread: many of you contact me asking for support in your specific needs and customizations. I treat all of these queries as a feature or change requests. I cannot handle every single case so Astroberry Server fits all your needs. It needs to stay generic to be usable and simple. The more you customize the system the more you need to fix the issues on your own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen, Helge
6 years 8 months ago #17886

Understood, it is Ubuntu.

The way it is working now is all that I need. No change sought.

Thank you Kaczorek.
6 years 8 months ago #17904
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Pepe on topic Astroberry Server

Dear Kaczorek,

I just installed astroberry and was able to run a few first tests. I am very impressed! You managed to put together a very useful project. I can't wait to collect some reaö photons with astroberry. Thanks a lot for sharing your work!

Are you familar with THELI as a software for astronomical data reduction?

www.astro.uni-bonn.de/theli/

I was wondering whether the RPI3 powerful enough to run THELI. Just a thought.

Best wishes
Stephan
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Pepe.
6 years 7 months ago #18289

Hi,

I ran into some poblems with astroberry Server that I can't quite understand.

My first attempt to connect with astroberry Server have been with a MacBook Pro. Connection to RPI3 via WLAN worked right away, i.e. I can start astroberry.local and connect to the Desktop. Only some Icons within the Desktop Environment don't seem to work. For example, clicking on shutdown etc. has no effect.

I then tried the same but using an iPad. Again I can connect to wifi and start astroberry.local. However, Connection to the Desktop fals.

I also tried an old Windows Laptop (running win 10 pro) which I use as my astronomy Computer in the field. Here I can connect to wifi but nothing else. The browser bu also vnc does not connect to astroberry.local. An error message says Connection to Server failed.

I am a bit puzzled about what to do next. Does anybody experience similar issues?

Best wishes
Stephan
6 years 7 months ago #18306

Hi Stephan

I'm glad you find Astroberry useful. I know theli. I didn't try it on raspberry so I cannot comment on your first question. Anyway I don't think I will include it in future releases of Astroberry. The reason is that Astroberry is focused on managing your imaging sessions rather than postprocessing. You can try it yourself though.

Regarding the issue with connecting to desktop - I think it is caused by the way mobile devices handle local domain i.e. astroberry.local or/and self-signed certificate used by Astroberry Server. Please try to access you device by IP pointing your browser to https://RPI_IP/desktop and accept any exception to certificate security. Let me know how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepe
6 years 7 months ago #18311

Hi,

I can confirm on my MacBookPro following the instructions at http://RPI_IP/ to download and install the certificate, and then going to https://RPI3_IP/desktop and using the astroberry user password, that login works fine in Safari.

The key steps for me:
1. the first URL is HTTP only and not HTTPS
2. Download the certificate file from the RPI and install it on the MacBookPro by double clicking it, once installed...
3. The second URL for the desktop is HTTPS, not HTTP

I hope this helps...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepe
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Stephen.
6 years 7 months ago #18318

Hi,

thank you for your replies! On myMacBookPro both https and vnc work nicely. Only on windows and iOS I faced problems.

I just installed realVNC viewer on my ipad and I am able to connect to astroberry by using astroberry.local:5900. I'd like to try the browser connection as well. How do I find the IP address of my RPI3?

Windows is a different story (as usual ...). I also tried realVNC and I got the message that connection was refused. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help!

Have a nice Sunday evening!
Stephan
6 years 7 months ago #18323

If you connect to astroberry access point it always has IP 192.168.10.1
I have no idea why windows VNC client would not connect if it works from MacOS. VNC should work from any system. Just remember to use port 5900
6 years 7 months ago #18326

I can confirm the realVNC works from windows too. Used same address info as on MacBackPro realVNC connection.

I can check using https in iOS later. I know it was working for me at one point. I have been using realVNC on iOS though for sometime, and will need to retest the http.

BTW, the astroberry image has been working really good.
6 years 7 months ago #18328

Oh, another way to find the IP address of the RPI3 is to VNC in and open the command line on the RPI3. Then enter

ifconfig

You will see a listing of information for the RPI3. Find the network interface for your connection and note the IP address.

Assuming you are connected to your LAN via the ethernet port of the RPI3, look for the Link encap:Ethernet phrase and the next link should have the IP address. e.g. net addr:192.168.10.1

Cheers!
6 years 7 months ago #18329

Hi Kaczorek, I hope all is well.

When using wlanconf, how do I update/change the password on the RPI3 for my home lan? When I try to do this it errors saying it is already added.

Thank you
6 years 7 months ago #18447
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.234 seconds