INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guider Settings

• Thank you received: 6

Guider Settings was created by Eric Vickery

I was wondering if there was any documentation that describes how to use the different setting on the guider screen. I have been playing around with the different parts of kstars and the drivers I need and I think I have a pretty good handle on most of it. But I am at a loss on the guider screen. I have a ZEQ25 mount and it's guiding rate is set at 1.0x and when I finally got Ekos to calibrate (had to turn off dec calibration) it seems to be making corrections of +/- 10arc-sec each time (always the opposite direction of the last correction). Thanks for any help you can provide.
6 years 9 months ago #17275

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Keith Cobby on topic Guider Settings

Increase your guide steps in the Options link to 3000 (assuming it's less than 2000). Keep an eye on each guiding change and set the Minimum for RA and DEC above the general average. 150 might be a good start. Read mouse overs for explanation of each parameter. After that it's all about tweaking Max and Min to find a balance for you setup. It can vary depending where in the sky your imaging and also how good your polar Alignment is.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Keith Cobby. Reason: typo
6 years 9 months ago #17301

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds