INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Latest indi_qhy driver does not work

• Thank you received: 10
See attached.
6 years 8 months ago #17607
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
same here. Just updated my RPi3 and QHY driver crashes at start up.

A couple of days ago I updated my T420 thinkpad and that works fine (obviously older update). Are older updates available in some repository or is here somewhere update history?
6 years 8 months ago #17610

There is a build problem, please wait for a few hours.
6 years 8 months ago #17611

• Thank you received: 37
@Astrodan, @HoHr: Can you provide more information about your system? We have build issue currently only for Ubuntu 16.10 (yakkety) for QHY driver. Is this the version you have?
6 years 8 months ago #17616

I use Linux Mint 18 with a Mate Desktop. See attachment for details.

MATE Desktop Environment 1.14.1

I will add the latest build does connect to the QHY cameras, however, the temperature control is still not working properly. It seems an all or nothing on temperature control with my QHY11.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Dan Holler.
6 years 8 months ago #17631
Attachments:

Ubuntu Mate 16.04 arm on Raspberry Pi3
6 years 8 months ago #17641

With newest update it works again. Thanks for super fast fix. Even QHY5R-II-C seems to work. I'm unable to get neutral colour from it but I guess it's gonna be fine for guiding. Can't test it right now as I live close to the polar circle.
6 years 8 months ago #17666

The latest driver is an improvement, but, is still has bugs and is erratic. Connection to a QHY7 camera using the INDI Control Panel for control of temperature did allow setting a temperature. Restarting KStars and connection to a QHY11 camera, however, caused maximum cooling. Using INDI Control Panel to set a temperature resulted in fan shutting off, while cooling was still at 100% power.

IMHO, AT THIS TIME, DRIVER IS DANGEROUS TO QHY11 MODEL CAMERAS.

Dan
6 years 8 months ago #17668
Attachments:

More on the erratic indi_qhy driver.

1: It appears the driver is not accepting positive or negative numbers for the temperature. Its assuming all values are negative.
2: INDI is not reporting changes in the cooling power level. It constantly reports 100% cooling.
3: A value of 10 or 15 input on the INDI Control Panel might turn off the QHY camera's fan while cooling is at 100% power.
4: A value of 20 input on the INDI Control Panel appears to restart the fan. Cooling still at 100%
5: Cooling On / OFF does not work. It reports it and changes back to Cooling On automatically.
6: Filter wheel changes on QHY7 and QHY11 cameras do not appear to be working.
6 years 8 months ago #17687

Just tested on QHY9s and cooling seems to work fine so as CFW2s - I tried changing temp below and above zero, turning it on/off with normal response. All 5 filters can be reached and repeatedly.
6 years 8 months ago #17688

Yes, this driver needs split for the various camera models. The QHY9 camera chamber is quite small relative to many of the QHY models. On my QHY7, the driver seems to work ok on a preliminary indoor test. (Again, a much smaller chamber and ccd size.)

In a similar sense, not splitting the filter wheel driver to have a separate non camera specific INDI driver, results in an inability to use the filter wheel with other non QHY cameras. Additionally, one can not use the filter wheel with just a serial or usb adapted cable. It just happens I have one of the older CFW1 wheels, but, I am almost certain they are alike.

Dan
6 years 8 months ago #17690

Here is a good example to illustrate why the various QHY cameras can not all use the same driver. Attached are two screens showing temperature variation on a QHY7 camera using the driver. Notice the times vs temperature variation relative to the set point. Quite a few degrees because the system is over reacting to the larger ccd chamber size. (Eventually, I believe this might stabilize, but who knows when?)

I also tried the Cooler On / OFF button. It appears like its working, but once the temperature got outside the set range, the driver automatically turns the cooler back on. Thus, the button is a visual indicator, but not functional. The set point temperature is controlling whether the driver allows the cooler to be on or off.
6 years 8 months ago #17692
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds