INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget

• Thank you received: 24
Check the order page for your account on the stellarmate site. The link may be there.
6 years 6 months ago #19161
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 32
No go. Tells me my account hasn't been activated but I never got an email to activate it.

I did get a receipt from PayPal.
6 years 6 months ago #19162
  • Thank you received: 24
When I created my account I did need to check junk folder. From there I was able to correct and activate. Then I got to the link. I hope it can work out.

It is nice to use the app to reboot and shutdown from the phone as well as configure the indi server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 6 months ago #19163
  • Thank you received: 32
There is no email from the site in my junk folder either.
6 years 6 months ago #19164

Please use This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or the Support page for any issues.
6 years 6 months ago #19172

That sounds possible! I'll research it!
6 years 6 months ago #19173
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for making the image available.

For my wireless mouse I had to add "usbhid.mousepoll=0" in /boot/cmdline.txt to fix the laggy mouse cursor when connecting directly via HDMI.
I also increased the screen resolution in /boot/config.txt by changing the hdmi_mode=21 to hdmi_mode=47 (up to 1920x1080 should be ok - check the second column for modes and codes above that line)
6 years 6 months ago #19847
  • Thank you received: 155
Jasem, I hate to keep coming in with such nube problems, but I now have another one. This week you helped me get Stellarmate working well with me CEM25 mount (via my iPad), all due to my confusion on the instructions. Now I have a different problem. My Stellarmate no longer provides a hotspot, unless I turn off my router. Even then it does not provide a hotspot, even after cycling the power. However, if I connect the ethernet cable to my laptop - the wireless hotspot appears again and I can use my iPad to connect. Once connected, I can disconnect the ethernet cable and proceed as normal. But as soon as my router is powered back on, the Stellarmate stops the hotspot and I loose the connection.

Note that even if I connect my iPad to the router I am unable to find Stellarmate.

The only thing I can think of is that I had entered an incorrect password to the router when I was trying to connect Stellarmate to it earlier. It was after that attempt that this issue popped up. I assumed that if the password was wrong that Stellarmate would have reset back to creating it's own hotspot again, but that is not what appears to be happening. I think it is still trying to connect to my router, even though the password was in correct.

When I do connect to Stellarmate, via the Stellarmate ap (after connecting the Ethernet cable as outlined above), I tried using the Wireless Connection option to "forget" the network it was trying to connect to, but of course that is not an option because I had to turn OFF the router in order to gain the connection! I'm in a catch-22.

Is there a way, via the Screen-Sharing ap, to go into the Stellarmat and tell it to stop trying to connect to a router?

Peter
6 years 4 months ago #20690
Well, if connection fails to the router (with wrong password), the HotSpot should come on again. At any rate, try the following:
1. Delete the StellarMate Entry from the App (Last option)
2. Connect StellarMate via Ethernet.
3. Use the App to detect it again.
4. Once detected, select "Forget WiFi"
5. Disconnect Ethernet, and restart StellarMate.
6 years 4 months ago #20691
I followed your instructions.
PS: I did not need to attach the ethernet cable to anything.. just the act of inserting one end into the Stellarmate made the Wifi hotspot show back up, even with the other end unconnected to anything,

I then connected to the hotspot from the Stellarmate Ap, but the option to Forget the wifi never popped up. I tried three times, and at no time was I ever able to get that option to appear. I did, see other wifi routers in my building, but a they are not mine, I did not try to connect.

As soon as I turned my router back on, the Stellarmate hotspot again went away.
6 years 4 months ago #20697
Ok, I just used another router and was able to follow your steps again. This time the Wifi button on Stellermate Ap did have the "Forget Wifi" option, so I selected it. I followed your instructions and it worked! I'm back in business.

Thanks!
6 years 4 months ago #20698
  • Thank you received: 29
Hi Peter, hi Jasem,

What I am experiencing seems similar: when starting from scratch (i.e after reflashing the SD card), all fine, I connect to my wlan via the StellarMate app, I can thus connect to the internet via the StellarMate app (e.g. using the terminal or the browser). To be more precise, I am using the iPad and chose as wlan the StellarMate hotspot.

Then, if I connect the iPad to my router, and later on want to find the StellarMate hotspot, it is not there anymore. So I switch off the router and restart the Raspberry. So the StellarMate hotspot is available again, but as soon as I switch on the router, I lose contact to the StellarMate hotspot. That does not seem right.

Not sure if there is anything I need to do differently?

Thanks in advance,

Helge
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Helge.
6 years 4 months ago #20708
Time to create page: 0.671 seconds